Ratings & Reactions: Middlesbrough v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/18 at 23:59

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Eyebrows were raised with Nyland selected but fair play to him. Made a great save late in the second half. 

The criticism has been ridiculously savage and completely over the top. Johnstone didn't make a single diving save in his first 6 months and never got this much abuse, he was just sat behind the most defensive set up ever and hardly faced any shots and couldnt save the ones he did - but some people just looked at the clean sheet record and thought he was good. It's quite satisfactory actually listening to WBA fans phoning in daily moaning about him on WMs phone in. 

That tip onto the bar was great instinct, he's a good shot stopper.

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

The criticism has been ridiculously savage and completely over the top. Johnstone didn't make a single diving save in his first 6 months and never got this much abuse, he was just sat behind the most defensive set up ever and hardly faced any shots and couldnt save the ones he did - but some pole just looked at the clean sheet record and thought he was good. It's quite satisfactory actually listening to WBA fans phoning in daily moaning about him on WMs phone in. 

That tip onto the bar was great instinct, he's a good shot stopper.

I still don’t think he is good enough for this league and needs to be replaced but the personal abuse wasn’t pretty.

An area of football I can never understand. 

Fair play to him today but bouncing back. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I honestly have no idea. Felt like we played a team that were bottom of the table. They have zero quality in their team.

They're very solid at the back. Nobody else is scoring 3 against them this season. Few will score 2.

We've essentially got cheat codes enabled with our front 6. nobody else in the league will batter Boro this season.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Just to set @Dr_Pangloss‘s mind at rest, I am in raptures.

This is because (a) we completely outplayed Middlesbrough (b ) we converted dominance into goals (c) we didn't give the worst defensive performance I can remember for a long time, as we did against Forest. In fact, that was a very disciplined controlled defensive performance. So it is possible contrary to what some have been claiming on here in recent weeks.

What does pain me a bit is that we probably looked better on the right side with Elmo in place rather than Lord Hutton.

Haven’t enjoyed a  match so much for a long time. Though how Sky got Hourihane as MOTM I’m not sure. I actually find it hard to pick out MOTM with such an all-round team performance but probably Tammy.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This felt like Smiths Villa v’s Bruce’s Villa. 

Got a bit of luck with errors but thoroughly deserved it. Much better team today. 

Eyebrows were raised with Nyland selected but fair play to him. Made a great save late in the second half. 

Well done Villa. Fantastic result and performance and that’s now 10 points from 12 from this very tricky run. Superb. 

Boro are shit. If they get promoted it’s a travesty for football. 

I think that was great psychology on behalf of the manager in keeping faith with Nyland. Look at his performance, that's the beauty of confidence. At last we have a manager who seems to keep his head when all around him are losing theirs .

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 3

Â