Ratings & Reactions: Middlesbrough v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/18 at 23:59

This felt like Smiths Villa v’s Bruce’s Villa. 

Got a bit of luck with errors but thoroughly deserved it. Much better team today. 

Eyebrows were raised with Nyland selected but fair play to him. Made a great save late in the second half. 

Well done Villa. Fantastic result and performance and that’s now 10 points from 12 from this very tricky run. Superb. 

Boro are shit. If they get promoted it’s a travesty for football. 

• Like 2

I think if Smith had been here since August, we'd be top.

The attacking options we have, and the way he has us playing...well, Boro were on paper the best defensive side, and they just couldn't handle us.

Bruce has left us at such a disadvantage, promotion is going to be tough. I think we'll get playoffs without a doubt, but top 2? Maybe, just maybe

• Like 2

Lovely to see we have added a bit of grit to our panache!

That performance was dominant!

Thought the midfield were fantastic today, they are all great individually, but Bolasie just adds that bit extra.  If we can keep that man fit we wont stop scoring: Hes too good for this level.

Kudos to Nyland for recovering from the weekend showing too, he was helped by the defence being much tighter as a unit.

Bravo to a man!

• Like 1

I'm so pleased for the away fans who travelled.  They were magnificent.

This is a performance that we have been longing of for a long time.  We now seemingly have scored goals against teams who seemingly don't concede.  We're making a statement here - come against us if you must, but we'll score more than you. 

hqdefault.jpg

Look out league, we're back. Although our defence has questions, I'd dare anyone to bet against us.

Well done Dean Smith.

• Like 1

Â