Ratings & Reactions: Middlesbrough v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/18 at 23:59

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought he was immense, barely put a foot wrong

Of the pair centrally, I think Tuanzebe had the better game all round, but Chester was back to last season's levels. Great stuff, they were getting more protections from teh midfield though, we were more compact so less ground to get through to help out when it got turned over. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Of the pair centrally, I think Tuanzebe had the better game all round, but Chester was back to last season's levels. Great stuff, they were getting more protections from teh midfield though, we were more compact so less ground to get through to help out when it got turned over. 

I thought Chester was MOTM, such a turnaround from the last match, he was outstanding for me

• Like 1

What an amazing performance, best of the season.

Nyland. 7. One great save that I didn’t even notice I’m real time and a claim. Not much to do other than that but distribution was also decent.

Elmo. 7. Was a bit worried when he booted it up the line with his first touch (Bruce era style). After that though he was fine and was never out of position, unlike a certain Brazilian/ Scottish fella.

Tuanazebe. 8. Fantastic today. Won a lot of headers which is often a weakness of his and brought it out from the back well.

Chester. 8. Brilliant today. Hopefully back to full fitness now and won me £70 from £2 first scorer bet. Thought he was back to his best before the 5-5 bit hopefully this time it’s for real.

Taylor. 7. Absolutely nothing going forward but I’m happy with that if he’s solid defensively, which he was.

Hourihane. 7.5. Much better this time. Seems to get a lot of grief in the match threads but I’m not sure why. Held his position well, pressed well and passed well.

Mcginn. 7.5. Covered loads of ground as usual and got us out of some tricky situations without giving it away. Half as many touches as the othe 2 cms but his pressing was crucial.

Grealish. 8. Thought he was great overall, starting most of our good attacks without directly getting the assist. The assist assister.

El Ghazi. 8.5. MOTM. Thought he was brilliant today. Smith showed his faith in him and he reapaid it with abundance. Great close control, great feet, great pace and he’s massive. Very impressive, keep it up.

Bolasie. 8. Was brilliant again today. Scared the hell out of them. Can confuse himself at time with his footwork but will destroy many more defences this season.

Abraham. 7.5. Some great hold up play but didn’t quite have the final ball a couple of times. Unbelievable that he only has a 25% strike rate this season and still scored 11 goals. He should be on about 20 but is always in the right place.

• Like 3

To be honest probably one of the most complete team performances that I have seen in.......a LONG time, probably years.

I don't mean individual performances either, this was a pure team performance of the highest quality, the team was so good it was hard to pick a MOTM tbh.

DS is the real deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

In other news... i think liam rossenier is by far the most knowledgeable and balanced pundit on tv right now. Always provides a good insight and tells it accurately. 

Ive thought that for a while.He was bigging up Smith too before he got appointed.Said he was ideal for us.

2 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

It doesn't quite fit, but I'm sure there is a Dexy's Midnight Runners 'Gino' chant available for Dean Smith. 

Duh, duh, deh de, derrrrr du duh de duhh!

Yes and it can be really belted out.

• Like 1

Remember how Villa used to be mocked with “Month of the Goal” competition jibes - didn’t we have to cancel it one month because we hadn’t scored?!

17 in 5. 17!!

Absolute different class today. We’re going up under Dean. It is happening.

2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Love Smith and JT:s work so far. Enjoying to watch Villa is so unfamiliar. Voted el Ghazi MOTM but no real stand out but more a very good team performance.

Don't forget Richard O too.

• Like 1

Â