Pre match thread

roonst83

44 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Good need for the lad. 

I can see us sneaking this as Pulis will be more interested in stopping us than winning!

That's interesting. He's not the best centre back in the youth side, for me he's a way behind Bedeau - but, Revan also plays as a full back - I wonder if he's travelled more as full back cover than centre back cover. Anyway, whichever, it's good experience for him.

• Like 2

We faced Boro at The Riverside twice last season and won both games 1-0. We put them out of the play offs and they failed to score in both league games and in both of those play off games. What are the chances that we get another clean sheet? It's probably less likely than that we win there again.

Boro last won at home against us 14 years ago and since then we have won 5 matches there and drawn the other one. Overall we have won 59 and drawn 32 of the 130 league games between the two clubs.

A win would be very nice having dropped two home points on Wednesday. They won't score 5 goals so 5 goals for us will in my opinion guarantee us a win. I don't think we will need quite that many. Let's score 3 and see if that proves to be enough! 🤞

Edited by John
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's interesting. He's not the best centre back in the youth side, for me he's a way behind Bedeau - but, Revan also plays as a full back - I wonder if he's travelled more as full back cover than centre back cover. Anyway, whichever, it's good experience for him.

In my opinion, it’s tight between Revan and Bedeau, both very good but both very different. Revan is aggressive and will attack the ball particularly in the air but Bedeau will drop off and read the game more. I think it’s great news if Revan has travelled 

Different style of play since the last time we played them, not sure what to expect

Our defence is no where like what it was, but neither is our desire to attack

Deano knows our defence is crap, so we have to go all out to score more than them 4-1 @80/1.

Edited by Robtaylor200

On 29/11/2018 at 12:03, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Corners, as ever, will be a big problem for us in this game. Best hope is to dominate posession and outscore opponent. Only thing we can do until Jan.

Elmo for Hutton

Moreira for Nyland

Jedinak for Conor to sit infront of the defence, need extra protection and height to defend against Pulis' only tactic.

I think we can win but a lot needs to go our way. Hooefully ill be pleasantly surprised just like our last away game.

Head says 2-2

Sorry, but Moreira is a worse version of Nyland.

Bring back Spink.

11 hours ago, Farlz said:

BUNN
Elmo - Tuanzebe - Chester - Taylor
Grealish - BJARNASON - McGinn
Bolasie - Tammy - El Ghazi 

Wouldn't mind seeing that tomorrow, would quite like El Ghazi to be given a chance again 

Almost agreed, but amended

11 hours ago, Farlz said:

Nyland
Elmo - Tuanzebe - Chester - Taylor
Grealish - Whelan - McGinn
Bolasie - Tammy - El Ghazi 

Wouldn't mind seeing that tomorrow, would quite like El Ghazi to be given a chance again 

Today is the tomorrow you were talking about yesterday 

Thing is with Bunn you know he is going to be absolutely terrible and with Nyland your almost certain he’s going to be terrible but there is a chance that as long as he doesn’t have much to do he might..just might... do something good...every now and then. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Bunn play well whereas as Nyland has maybe had the odd game where he has been OK. Like trying to decide which dump to eat. At least one might have some nuts in it.