Pre match thread

roonst83

32 minutes ago, villaglint said:

BB is injured and still several weeks from fitness so playing with an inanimate carbon rod and a guy on crutches might not be as clever as you think! 

Good point well made :D 

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If they score first its going to be  along drag game thats for sure.

Obviously I don't want them to score first, but I no longer fear going behind like I used to under Bruce.  Even 2-0 down the other night after 7 minutes I was quite confident we'd make a game of it.  That we were 2-2 after 14 minutes exceeded even my expectations, but this Villa team are fearless and don't get demotivated easily.  This will be fascinating, because as much as Pulis can suck the life-force out of a game, I'm not sure he'll be able to stifle this Villa team.  He willingly cedes possession and prioritises organisation.  I'm not sure giving us the ball will be the cleverest thing to do, and I don't think his side are capable of retaining possession even if they knew it was what was required.  I love that teams are afraid of us already :D

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BOF said:

Obviously I don't want them to score first, but I no longer fear going behind like I used to under Bruce.  Even 2-0 down the other night after 7 minutes I was quite confident we'd make a game of it.  That we were 2-2 after 14 minutes exceeded even my expectations, but this Villa team are fearless and don't get demotivated easily.  This will be fascinating, because as much as Pulis can suck the life-force out of a game, I'm not sure he'll be able to stifle this Villa team.  He willingly cedes possession and prioritises organisation.  I'm not sure giving us the ball will be the cleverest thing to do, and I don't think his side are capable of retaining possession even if they knew it was what was required.  I love that teams are afraid of us already :D

Hopefully. But your must remember we were at home. I think that helps when you go two behind. Let's hope your right!!

2ceb31f5667dc96a0f97323eb28f8a10.png

Hutton is suspended, so Elmo comes in.

Nyland was so bad, and Bunn is half retired. I think we need to try Moreira. 

I am hesitant on McGinn. He is not fully fit, and I know Hourihane got a ton of flack for his last match, but McGinn did not do his defensive responsibilities. 

• Like 1

Chester struggling (from his performances), McGinn half fit, we don’t have the defensive grit of Adomah, Cafu is out and we can’t defend. Pulis and his set pieces against whichever keeper we decide to field... I think we’re gonna ship a lot. 5-3 loss for me.