• Abraham
    • Bolasie
    • El Ghazi (Kodjia 66)
    • McGinn (Whelan 78)
    • Elmohamady (Bolasie 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/12/18 at 17:30

1 minute ago, fifamad said:

Pathetic defending, embarrassing we couldn’t see out the game when we were winning and they were down to 10 men for the last 22 minutes.

Normally yes, but that was true throughout the match, so the final outcome was actually probably the fairest outcome. 

It makes for great viewing when you put 2 awful centre halves in front of the worst keeper in the football league but then throw in 5 of the most exciting attacking players in the division.

The result, as bizarre as it is, should actually surprise no one. We look fantastic at one end, but probably as poor as I’ve known us in my lifetime at the other.

• Like 1

Forest had five shots on target ..... scored five .... ouch!

Nyland was truly awful.

Chester too careless and too slow .... again.

Taylor far too slow which left him out of position for the first two goals.

We need to buy a keeper (Heaton?) and a much quicker left back this January (Targett?), also a dominant CB on loan perhaps.

Exciting match even with the glaring defensive faults.

I know it's all been said already, as we all saw the same defensive errors tonight. Good job we also saw five Villa goals to lessen the frustration!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

Really poor game management at 5-4. Not sure why were still throwing everyone forward at this stage and then Grabban had acres of space in the box to make it 5-5. I love the attacking play were producing but we need to be able to close things out and be a bit more solid at times

We weren't though, when we had it upfield it was walking pace and knocking it about. We lost a 1v1 on the touchline, good ball to Grabban, decently shepherded away from goal by Axel and he has a pop which any decent keeper saves no bother. Plus we had a perfectly good goal disallowed for 6-5. 

Lots of mistakes, the biggest one's were in the first 25 minutes though and are entirely fixable by just being more careful with the ball. Something I'm sure we'll be working on.

• Like 3

McGinn didn't look fully fit but that is two seasons running he has been involved in a 5:5 draw..........and didn't score in either  🙄

Having seen Nyland tonight ( and especially the fourth and fifth goals 😮 ), If another goalkeeper is unavailable you could do worse than to have a look at one of our keepers,  Bogdan, on loan from Liverpool. Wouldn't affect us much as we also have a Greek international in Marciano competing for the starting gloves..........and its not between the sticks where our problems lie.......its the other 10 positions 😀

• Like 2

well, we didnt lose, should have won, but we showed some fight to get back in it from 0-2 down, then went 5-4 up, and threw it away, lol whats going on :P

Fair play to AV, we are scoring goals, isnt that FOURTEEN goals in the last 4 games????

Chester.......urgh i really dont rate him tbh, Nyland ........urgh, and Hourihane, not keen on him in the DM role, yes he can pass a bit, but the last 3 or more games all i see him doing when he should be tackling/closing down is throwing his hands up, not getting in there or just shirking defensive stuff, i really dont see Hourihane working in that role.

I honestly think if we replace Nyland and Chester, get a new LB and a proper DM who can place a pass AND defend, we will be a force.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Normally yes, but that was true throughout the match, so the final outcome was actually probably the fairest outcome. 

What is this "fair" thing you talk about? I don't care for that.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think Forest are a good team. I can understand disappointment, but comparing that to how we were playing at the start of the season, it's a breath of fresh air. 

Let's not forget, our defense has been shambolic all season, Forest were clinical tonight and not every team we play will be. 

If we keep going at teams like we did tonight, we will win more than we lose.

Totally, five on target and they get a 5-5 draw. ridiculous. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

Really poor game management at 5-4. Not sure why were still throwing everyone forward at this stage and then Grabban had acres of space in the box to make it 5-5. I love the attacking play were producing but we need to be able to close things out and be a bit more solid at times

I actually think the opposite. As soon as we got the 5th we started strolling about and trying to calm the game a bit. We should have gone for the 6th and kept the momentum going.

• Like 4

I haven't watched replays so I could be wrong with some of the goals, but it seemed to me that even though Nyland was bad, in all - or nearly all - goals a defender made a bad error too. Yet Nyland could have saved them. Meaning that in at least 3-4 goals it was a combination of a defender's mistake and bad goalkeeping. If there was just one mistake per their chance we would have easily won, maybe conceded 1-2 only. There were no wonder goals. The long distance shot was probably worse of them all. No one closed him down until it was too late. This makes it really really frustrating because even with "normal bad defending and mistakes" we would have won. But because of double mistakes every time, we allowed them to score.

Â