Pre Match Chit Chat

Nigel

I dont think Deano has any negative thoughts, He will look at the Forrest side Gabban, blah, blah, blah

Stick to the game plan lads and its another 3 points nearer the top

I thought we would do well to get 14 points out of this seven match run and we have 9 so far. Bring on the rest.

Top 2 by Christmas 

• Like 1

Will Bolasie finally start or is Elmo going to take Adomah's spot? Both are good options, but honestly I'd rather have Bolasie coming off the bench if we need a goal than Elmo. 

I expect a similar team. Hopefully McGinn can take Whelan's spot. 

Edited by Czechlad

29 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just be careful how you play this one, agent avfcprideofbrum... 

Hoping he doesn't go down the "I want to be such a thorn in their side that they'll have to buy me" route.

21 hours ago, Kingman said:

Hope this doesn't turn out to be last season's QPR game after we thumped 4 past the Dingles. I imagine Sunday's game took a lot out the lads so it's possible a few may need resting. 

No danger for me, we should be able to knock it about against Forest without the pressure of the derby etc. that should help us have a bit of a rest on the ball which is something Smith has been saying from the start as a way of keeping energy for the high press. I think we'll win, it'll be the polar opposite of the blues game though, it'll be more of a tactical battle than a physical one and it could well be decided by mistakes.

Excited to see how we cope with the challenge of playing another promotion hopeful and if we can go level with them by taking the 3 points.

Between now and January we have a tough fixture list and there's no way around the fact we need points on the board if we want the top 2 within our reach.

A solid showing will bolster our momentum and belief so it's a huge game in that respect as well as being an opportunity to gain ground on a rival.

17 hours ago, BOF said:

Yeah I know. I decided not to include red button matches.

Your table and you can do what you want, but if you're a Villa fan and you have sky sports then by default you have access to the red button content. For example tonight I'll be watching Villa Forest on the red button rather than Stoke Derby on the main channel and cant think why any Villa fan wouldn't. Just saying could have booked half day off at work and bought tickets but knew it was on the telly so didn't.

• Like 1

Just looking at the table, surprised to see Forest have the least defeats in the league, along with Middlesbrough (2 defeats)

They will both be tough nuts to crack.

Bolasie has to start, but with 2 games in 4 days he will probably start one or the other; not both. Unless its prearranged that he starts both but only plays 60 minutes in each

Would like to see this tonight... the bench is now looking slightly sparse.

Nyland

Hutton  Tuanzebe  Chester   Taylor

Hourihane

Bolasie   McGinn   Grealish   Kodjia

Abraham

Bench: Bunn, Elmo, Whelan, Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare, El Ghazi Hogan

This is assuming that Jedinak, Bree & Adomah are all not fit.