Pre Match Chit Chat

Nigel

Hope this doesn't turn out to be last season's QPR game after we thumped 4 past the Dingles. I imagine Sunday's game took a lot out the lads so it's possible a few may need resting. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Kingman said:

Hope this doesn't turn out to be last season's QPR game after we thumped 4 past the Dingles. I imagine Sunday's game took a lot out the lads so it's possible a few may need resting. 

It's going to be tricky - Forest are a good side and with our injury list and lack of depth at the back, resting anyone is going to be very difficult. I think we'll need to put out pretty much the same eleven with maybe Bolasie starting for Adomah and hopefully McGinn back to replace Whelan - but neither of those two are 100% fit - beyond that, it's hard to see who else we might be able to swap out.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's going to be tricky - Forest are a good side and with our injury list and lack of depth at the back, resting anyone is going to be very difficult. I think we'll need to put out pretty much the same eleven with maybe Bolasie starting for Adomah and hopefully McGinn back to replace Whelan - but neither of those two are 100% fit - beyond that, it's hard to see who else we might be able to swap out.

Yeah the 1st team squad is tight however, I think we would have a better chance freshening things up than 72hrs up the road at Boro.

This 3 games in 6 days is becoming bonkers for all.

Que Grabban or Lolley scoring here, who have been their standout signings despite splashing a fair bit of cash around in the summer I think? 

That being said, our home form is better than we seem to all make out and I fancy us to make it four on the spin!

3-1 Villa - Chester, Abraham x2 & Grabban 

10 hours ago, Kingman said:

Let’s not go there Kingman 😫

I love the sense of anticipation in the air, and the positivity that has returned. 

Play our game and we have nothing to fear. Hopefully they have enough in the legs for this, some players being around BMH over the internationals will help with this. 

2-1 Villa. Nervy finish but getting the valuable 3 points. 

They are a really difficult side to break down, very solid at the back as you’d expect for Karanka.

Smith is a bit of a bogey man for Forest though, I think I’m right in saying that he hasn’t lost to them while at Brentford or Walsall. Forest’s only defeat on the road this season was to Smith’s Brentford.

I think we will have a lot of the ball it will come down to how well we use it and keeping Grabban and Lolley quiet at the other end.

13 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Nice chart BOF.

Although I think the Rotherham and Preston games were available on the red button? I assume the numbers watching wouldn’t be as high as the other televised games, but would have a bit of an impact on attendances.

Yeah I know. I decided not to include red button matches.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

They are a really difficult side to break down, very solid at the back as you’d expect for Karanka.

Smith is a bit of a bogey man for Forest though, I think I’m right in saying that he hasn’t lost to them while at Brentford or Walsall. Forest’s only defeat on the road this season was to Smith’s Brentford.

I think we will have a lot of the ball it will come down to how well we use it and keeping Grabban and Lolley quiet at the other end.

He was a bogey man for us too!  Another perk of having him as manager.

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He was a bogey man for us too!  Another perk of having him as manager.

We should have thought about this earlier...Alex Ferguson's claret and blue army!

These two past winners of the European Cup meet up once again. Forest have not won at Villa Park since 1994 and we did the double over them last season. We have scored two in our last four home league games against them. Overall we have won 52 and have drawn 28 of the 112 league games between the two clubs. 

We need to maintain the momentum that we currently have found. We have won our last 3 games and need to make it 4. A 2-goal win will take us above them on goal difference and it will have the clubs that are currently above us looking increasingly nervously behind them, increasingly worried by the sort of run that we are putting together. It won't be easy but it never was against Forest. Let's win this one! :flag:  

• Like 1

Be great to go into Saturday evenings game against land of the giants on the back of another win against a form team. Sidenote, has the red button coverage improved ? Was only able to watch the Bristol city one on it so far. That was atrocious. It's obvious sky are using some kind of internet feed or something and not their own cameras or production like the main game they will show.  

21 minutes ago, John said:

A 2-goal win will take us above them on goal difference and it will have the clubs that are currently above us looking increasingly nervously behind them, increasingly worried by the sort of run that we are putting together.

And on that note, pressure is a funny thing so I've had a look at the fixtures of those above us and quite strangely, 5 of the 6 are away from home.  Only Leeds are at home.

1st Norwich City at 23rd Hull City
2nd Middlesbrough at 16th Preston North End
3rd Leeds United versus 20th Reading
4th West Bromwich Albion at 10th Swansea
5th Sheffield United at 15th Brentford
6th Derby County at 13th Stoke City

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BOF said:

And on that note, pressure is a funny thing so I've had a look at the fixtures of those above us and quite strangely, 5 of the 6 are away from home.  Only Leeds are at home.

1st Norwich City at 23rd Hull City
2nd Middlesbrough at 16th Preston North End
3rd Leeds United versus 20th Reading
4th West Bromwich Albion at 10th Swansea
5th Sheffield United at 15th Brentford
6th Derby County at 13th Stoke City

Indeed, and is something of a repeating pattern.

Thing is, it seems to matter less and less....there were Away wins all over the place at the weekend...Norwich, Boro, Baggies, Derby, And Forest !

I know every game matters but theses next few days ? Having Won 3 on the bounce, 2 more, against very tough opposition ( with very good defences) would really ignite things.

Tomorrow night really matters.....very Exciting, can’t wait.

4 points from the 2 games would be a great way to round off the week.

• Like 1