Ratings & Reactions: Villa v sha

limpid

Match Polls  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/11/18 at 19:45

Did anyone else make the mistake of getting the train to Witton instead of Aston?

My brother and I usually get off at Witton so we did the same yesterday (really should have known better but though "how bad could it be").....

The train was full of them but to be fair they didn't sound to confident before the game, a couple of songs about Aston being a shithole and the usual KRO stuff.

Interesting how more than one of them could be heard to say that they wished they didn't have to play us and that they hated this game.

Edited by MarkLillis

23 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Did anyone else make the mistake of getting the train to Witton instead of Aston?

My brother and I usually get off at Witton so we did the same yesterday (really should have known better but though "how bad could it be").....

The train was full of them but to be fair they didn't sound to confident before the game, a couple of songs about Aston being a shithole and the usual KRO stuff.

Interesting how more than one of them could be heard to say that they wished they didn't have to play us and that they hated this game.

I did this a couple of years ago when we played them in the cup. Got basically kettled all the way from Witton station to Villa park. The police just assumed everyone on the train was a Blues fan and closed everybody in and guided us to the away end.

I slipped to the back and told a policeman I was a Villa fan (very quietly) and could he let me out. He didn't.
I was actually considering if I would get away with watching the game from the away end as I was convinced they were going to force everyone into the away end!

Eventually I did manage to slip out of the back of the group but it had me worried!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

That doesn't surprise me actually. If I was unfortunate enough to have been born into a Blues supporting family, I wouldn't look forward to this game either. The stats are so heavily weighed in our favour that it can't be fun. I wouldn't like to play a team that we'd only beaten 3 times in the last 14 years. 

20 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I don't know why I bothered......I could've guessed it the reaction would be a mixture of "we wuz unlucky....typical jammy vile....ref on their side.....abraham fouled our bloke for the pen......we shudda knobbled dat greasy fanny no.10......we wuz missing our best players......we'll kill em at the sty.........it wuz their cup final.....they aint gunna go up & then its ffp hahaha......we are blues we KRO !!" sort of stuff.

Judging by your location, I'd be careful of what you say....or give it em with both barrels !!

And do you know the two best bits about that shit? 1/They believe it all. 2/They particularly believe the part in bold.

Anyone believe that after another three months of Smith and his coaches working with the team and a transfer window that we won't be even better in every way? A stronger team everywhere. Stronger mentally. Fitness levels higher. More accustomed to the styles of play and the tactics employed. More ruthless.

Much as I enjoyed yesterday and the fallout among the vermin, next time offers the possibility of being even more choice by doing them in their own backyard. That's not being complacent, it's just looking at likelihoods.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does anyone know how we were set up after Elmo game on. I couldn’t quite work it out. Did Kodija come inside and Jack drop back?

Elmo went to the centre 

Â