Ratings & Reactions: Villa v sha

limpid

Match Polls  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/11/18 at 19:45

Absolutely buzzing. High as a **** kite. Alan Hutton, I love you, we all love you. I keep saying it, but the guy is villa through and through. So glad we got this horrible game out the way. It took them to hit the post and nearly make it 2.0 for us to wake up. Nearly went to shit again when it went to 3.2, but deserved the win without a doubt. Thought they were very solid up until we scored, and feared the worse. UTV!!!

• Like 3

Defensively we were a mess at times, but I prefer derby games like this than cagey draws that benefit no one. This was one hell of an entertaining match that we deserved to win in the end. 4 - 2 is a scoreline I don't think anyone predicted, I know for a fact no Blues fan thought this would happen as they have been defensively hard to break down much of the season. We have no issues scoring anymore which was our issue in a nutshell last season. If we fix this defence I don't see us losing many games for the remainder of this season and we certainly won't be drawing many either. 

Wow what a game. We were poor first half. Very nervy. Poor keeping/defending and should have been 2-0. Then Kodija who I thought was outstanding drags us back in to. 

Two superb balls feom Adomah. 

Second half we bossed them. What a goal by Hutton. Unbelievable.  I’m loving the fact we look so much fitter and stronger in second halfs! 

Smith is now on 2 points a game. Long may it continue. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

A bit lucky at times, undoubtedly still some defensive frailty, but we are dangerous as f*** going forwards and Bruce wouldn't have got us playing like this (consistently), in a million years. Love that we did it without McGinn as well. 

Poor start, didn't get going till we went a goal down. Casual defending to the end, gave the ball away a lot in stupid places. Positives far outweigh the negatives though. Smith is doing the unthinkable, it's all too beautiful ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Clairvoyant

Haha, about half right anyway, a ref giving some protection to the players or who saw some of the niggly shit they were doing once our player was on the floor or off the ball and they could have easily finished with 10....

Loved the oles :D

• Like 1

Amazing goal from Hutton but had to go with Adomah for MOTM, his assists brought us back into the game. We definitely need to get to work on set pieces though, other teams will be watching that game and getting a plan together to exploit the weakness.

• Like 1

What a game. It had everything, and we had plenty of candidates for MOTM which is one of the most pleasing elements. And that's happening more and more. Nyland was improved today too. Couldn't do a lot for their goals, commanded his area more and his quick distribution was impressive. It's all good. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Dirty SHA inbred thugs - no surprise there.

Chuffed with the win.

Right - I'm off to have a look at one of their messageboards and laugh. Schadenfreude is such fun at times !

Don't worry, I've taken my jabs.....ok, I'm going in !

Also please remember to wipe your feet before leaving their site. 

The rest of the internet would be most grateful. Cheers.

• Haha 2

Very entertaining. Defensively from corners and messing about when there’s no option to pass we brought their goals on ourselves, so much to improve on in that aspect. Going forward, brilliant. Adomah was immense and well miss him over the next few weeks. But my word, Alan Hutton. Take a bow son. That’s two goals this year where he waltzed in to the opposition penalty area and I absolutely  love it.

• Like 2

Â