CEX

Demitri_C

Has anyone ever had a problem with something brought from them? My fiance brought me a switch from there last Christmas. She bought it thinking it was brand new (obviously she has no idea about this kind of thing as we all know it's second hand at best from cex)

Anyway last few days my switch has been playing up. It doesn't play off the tv just on handheld. Tried it on my brothers dock and still doesn't work. Therfore I want to return it. It came with a 2 year warranty but I can't find the receipt. Does anyone know if they will change/refund if I just take a bank statement? It has the original box with all the barcodes But i am worried they won't exchange it because I have no receipt.

I had a second hand PS3 off them back in the day that was faulty. And then the replacement was faulty. Both times they replace it under warranty, even though the one time it broke on the day the warranty ran out (genuine coincidence!)

I had the receipt, but they didn't kick up a fuss, seems straight forward. So if they can replace it I'm sure they will. All you can do is ask.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I had a second hand PS3 off them back in the day that was faulty. And then the replacement was faulty. Both times they replace it under warranty, even though the one time it broke on the day the warranty ran out (genuine coincidence!)

I had the receipt, but they didn't kick up a fuss, seems straight forward. So if they can replace it I'm sure they will. All you can do is ask.

Thanks I'm going to try at least it's got all original packaging. Also has a "reserved" on the box so I'm hoping they can track her details via that method.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks I'm going to try at least it's got all original packaging. Also has a "reserved" on the box so I'm hoping they can track her details via that method.

Complete guess, but I reckon they probably take the serial number on the switch as well so they can probably track it that way.

Â