Stuart Taylor

villafan306

How good a signing was Stuart Taylor?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How good a signing was Stuart Taylor?

• Excellent - a new number 1 keeper!
    • Great young player and will take over as number 1
    • Back up - nothing more
    • Average at best - no better than Postma
    • What are we playing at? He is crap

Great signing really! He has a well known talent...he´s 24...and he´s coming to Villa to push Sorensen from the first spot!

Sorensen will probably be the first choice for DOL, but if Sorensen make stupid mistakes in the beginning of the season he´ll quickly make place for Taylor!

I think he´ll become our new goalie within a season...I have a feeling that this can be another Bosnich in the making (of course meaning when Bosnich was in his best days).

Yep, so much for not signing players while Doug's in hospital.

Shhhhh... I can hear people munching on hats if I listen very carefully, can anyone else....? :lol:

Since Doug's illness we have signed:

1 x reserve striker onto a renewed contract well within our wage cap

1 x reserve goalkeeper on a free transfer well within our wage cap

Had 'meetings with agents'

Exciting summer of transfer activity eh? What was that about signing players that would create a 'Collymore affect'? What was that about getting players in before the start of pre-season as the manager expressly requested?

Pre-season training starts in less than a fortnight, and I note with interest that our money remains firmly wherever it was in the first place, in the imaginations of those who chose to believe this nonsense in the first place.

went for option 1 :shock:

from what i've seen of him he is top notch.

also, that choice is based upon the fact that i don't rate Tommy S very highly, so i believe, if given the opportunity (big IF) Taylor could be our number 1 sooner rather than later.

If Tommy makes some of the howlers he made last season , i think DOL will be quicker to put this guy in than he was with the Postman.

Well said Pete, its amazing the effect that transfers of any type can have on some fans. It was the same when we signed DJ2 and I posted a thread to that effect at the time. As said by IanR (I think) can you imagine what would happen if we signed a real "crowd pleaser".

I think comments about hat munching should be consigned into the pending tray right next to the very old "last laugh" one

a tremedous bit of business by Stride & Marion

As has been said, I don't think anyone doubted Snide could sign players at this level (ie amount of money), its when we start hitting the million pound mark the problems will start

Excellent signing may help keep Sorenson 'focused' this season. He was really rated by many when he was at arsenal. Give him a couple of years and he'll be our new number 1.

Excellent signing may help keep Sorenson 'focused' this season. He was really rated by many when he was at arsenal. Give him a couple of years and he'll be our new number 1.

change years for weeks or months, and i'd agree completely :)

Shhhhh... I can hear people munching on hats if I listen very carefully, can anyone else....? :lol:

Since Doug's illness we have signed:

1 x reserve striker onto a renewed contract well within our wage cap

1 x reserve goalkeeper on a free transfer well within our wage cap

Had 'meetings with agents'

Exciting summer of transfer activity eh? What was that about signing players that would create a 'Collymore affect'? What was that about getting players in before the start of pre-season as the manager expressly requested?

Pre-season training starts in less than a fortnight, and I note with interest that our money remains firmly wherever it was in the first place, in the imaginations of those who chose to believe this nonsense in the first place.

Its all about the :lol: , that would suggest things were said tongue-in-cheek.....

I'd love to see 5 quality signings, or £20 million spent, but we all know its very unlikely that we won't whilst Doug is at the helm.

Â