Stuart Taylor

villafan306

How good a signing was Stuart Taylor?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How good a signing was Stuart Taylor?

• Excellent - a new number 1 keeper!
    • Great young player and will take over as number 1
    • Back up - nothing more
    • Average at best - no better than Postma
    • What are we playing at? He is crap

Do you think Taylor was a good signing? Have seen a lot of mixed reactions to this and just thought a poll could clear it up.

I think he was and although will be back up now, will soon be a first team regular.

Have to agree with my namesake and Bri on this one he will act as back-up, last time we experimented with a back-up becoming the number 1 keeper it went a bit wrong with Enckelman (although I'm sure tonyh will disagree), he'll be cover but never 1st choice!

Back-up for Sørensen.

I know how the story goes. In two weeks he will say that he is challenging for the #1 spot, and in a year he's pissed of and wants to leave.

On top of that, we got a snutty Arsenal-player

Agreed. Can't really add my vote because as things stand its option 3. I would hope to be proved wrong and that option 2 is what I will think in 6 months time.

Give the lad a chance. He's had a rough deal at Arsenal. He can really make a name for himself at Villa.

I think he might very quickly become the number one. Real pressure on Tommy now.

Future England keeper for sure

Last keeper we bought from Arsenal turned out OK

Option 2 for me.... good back-up for the next 2 seasons and then he'll be ready to take over the mantle of No1...

Look what we did to James, transformed him from calamity to england no1 (except for FA Cup final day :cry: )...but then we made a tidy profit too!!

I think this is a decent player who'll serve us well

Option 2 for me too.

I think he's unlucky not to have more games at the Arse. Primrose Wilson thought he should have been put in, and while he may be the worlds dullest (former) TV presenter, he does know about keepers.

it's hard to see any negatives when signing a 24 year old England U21 international with championship winning experience as well as european cup experience

not only that but he's cost us les than a million even with appearence related add ons. and has already stated he hasn't come to make up the numbers

a tremedous bit of business by Stride & Marion

Future England keeper for sure

A bold statement and no mistake !

Not really, have you seen who keeps goal for England? If Enckleman was English i reckon he'd get the nod :D

Option 2 for me too and i do believe he will be future England international. For the last few years, the one thing I could not understand about Wenger was not giving Taylor the no 1 jersey. He is an excellent keeper.

OK, went for 1,not because I think he is a number 1 or excellent, just that I really dont rate Sorenson, and think there is not much between them. Hopefully he will be given a chance in the first team.

Great young player and will take over as number 1

Sums it up for me.

a tremedous bit of business by Stride & Marion

Yep, so much for not signing players while Doug's in hospital.

Â