• Kodjia
    • Abraham
    • Elmohamady (Taylor 45)
    • Bolasie (Kodjia 70)
    • Hogan (Abraham 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/11/18 at 23:59

So many positives from today, ya put up with an awful lot of shite being a villa fan but days like today make that all irrelevant. 

John Mcginn is a hero and an honorable mention to Nyland who put in a great performance and kept us from going behind with that world class stop. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Dean Smith when asked, "Why were you shouting at your players to get up whilst 2-0 up? Surely you could have sat back and played it safe? Why take the risk?"

" My philosophy is this : 1-0, 2-0 or 5-0 up: never ever settle for it, you must be hungry for more. If you do sit back not only are you inviting the opposition to get back into the game but you are showing them mercy. You have to look at the bigger picture, I don't only want us to destroy our current opponent's. I want to breed fear into our next ones "?

Firstly I think this kind of post warrants a 'love' option...I liked it..but could the mods add a 'love' option please?!

Secondly, mods can you also provide a 'red card' or at the very least a yellow for anyone who uses the terms 'there or thereabouts' in any post or any use of the word 'wor' as in 'you put wor boots on'...thanks!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Still can’t get over that second half. What the hell just happened? 

Intensity....urgency.....application.....will & Drive.

not to mention the sheer quality in the crosses.

all in a wonderful package.

• Like 3

I predicted we would win 3-0 and what a result!

It could have been 5 or 6 considering some of the chances we missed but just an absolutely amazing performance from the lads.

Also a pure euphoric post match interview from DS has really set the guns blazing for us.

I cannot wait for the SHA game in front of a packed Villa Park in front of the world.

We go again.. 

• Like 2

All those Smith doubters about how he wouldn't be able to handle the pressure and expectation that comes with such a job.  Let me tell what this is for Smith, his vocation. At last we've found a manager who understands the heights this great club is capable of. Onwards and upwards. What a beautiful feeling , and about time. 

• Like 3

Yes Deano. Early days, but I'm feeling smug about picking him out a good while a go as a manager I admire. 

That second half was exceptional. I can't quite unpick on one viewing what went right from a tactical sense. I think it helps that Smith is an attack minded coach, he's thinking about how to win, not how not to lose. We kept going at them and they couldn't manage us. 

Bolasie probably changed the game with his amazing cross, but McGinn was exceptional all game. Hourihane continues his stat habit, Tammy isn't clinical just yet, but he is a fine player at this level. 

My message to Tuenzebe, "Don't let it bounce!", Otherwise he'll be fine, he's good on the ball. 

Hutton was getting some stick this week in the Hutton thread, that thread will be quiet for another week or so. Pretends to work hard, hasn't any quality? How many one-on-one a does he win, how many succesful dribbles? 

Elmo also gets some stick, but his delivery and build up play when he came on was a nightmare to defend against. 

I'm a bit giddy, but that's because we've just beaten one of the form teams in the league and the darlings of the pundits.

Let's enjoy tonight. 

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from the game, what a performance today. That's the best i've seen Villa play in years. We tore a good Derby team to pieces in the second half.

McGinn was a monster in midfield, Tuanzebe was immense at the back.

I don't know if Taylor went off injured at half time but I have to say we were better without him (and I have been championing his recent performances). We looked better with Elmo at right back as the majority of play went down his side but Hutton looked assured as always on the left.

Kodjia tried a bit too much and we looked better with Bolasie.

As a team we were brilliant and we can play any team in the league off the park with performances like that. UTV!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Yes Deano. Early days, but I'm feeling smug about picking him out a good while a go as a manager I admire. 

That second half was exceptional. I can't quite unpick on one viewing what went right from a tactical sense. I think it helps that Smith is an attack minded coach, he's thinking about how to win, not how not to lose. We kept going at them and they couldn't manage us. 

Bolasie probably changed the game with his amazing cross, but McGinn was exceptional all game. Hourihane continues his stat habit, Tammy isn't clinical just yet, but he is a fine player at this level. 

My message to Tuenzebe, "Don't let it bounce!", Otherwise he'll be fine, he's good on the ball. 

Hutton was getting some stick this week in the Hutton thread, that thread will be quiet for another week or so. Pretends to work hard, hasn't any quality? How many one-on-one a does he win, how many succesful dribbles? 

Elmo also gets some stick, but his delivery and build up play when he came on was a nightmare to defend against. 

I'm a bit giddy, but that's because we've just beaten one of the form teams in the league and the darlings of the pundits.

Let's enjoy tonight. 

Great great post agree with all of that, especially regarding tuanzebes letting the ball bounce, but I'm sure Management will have that flaw ironed out of him soon and also the point on Hutton who it seems like some people are actively watching him for every slight mistake just to reinforce they negative view they have of him. 

Â