Villa Park name/sponsor deal

hippo

1 hour ago, islingtonclaret said:

If you want to stay relevant, cash is important, and the modern young football fan does not care for any of these things. We've traditionally been part of the leading pack for the large part since our inception. Two more seasons down here and we're joining the "used to be famous, but nobody outside of it's own fans knows, cares or wants to know" club.

I’d say we are already at that stage

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think there was another quite cathy and funny one, but can't remember it at the moment...

Cathy Pacific Park? It would never have got off the ground. 

We need more ways to generate income, we do not have enough coming in compared to other clubs.

Sure villa park will always be villa park to us, it's history, present and future can't be touched all because of naming rites. Our stadium could have names left right and everywhere it doesn't change who Aston Villa are in anyway.

Tradition legacy and heritage will never change because if a name change, all that lives on in people's hearts and minds and is recorded throughout time on paper and now the internet.

Some things may be more important than cash, but money runs the world and money has run football since I was a teen when the big money signings syarted popping up. It will all no doubt continue to be ran that way long after we are all gone from this world.

Unfortunately this is just one of the many mistakes our club has made in the past, which is not capitalizing on every money making situation that comes the club's way. Remember our club is a business as much as it is a team, Aston Villa needs to be able to say the club is making as much money as it can without having to ever dip into the pockets of the owners or hardly ever. That should be the goal where our club can sustain itself with ease and not rely on our sugar daddies for funds.

So for the sake of a name change to bring in more money i am all for it. As i stated it doesnt change anything Aston villa is, but to make the coffers bigger so that when we are in the premier league again, we cant be hit so easy with the likes of FFP and struggle financially to  bring in players.

Remember FFP hangs over us still, our club needs to be a profit club. If we turn down opportunities like this then we are limiting ourselves in the transfer market for inform players, we can't shift out of the loan market at the moment and that's sad to be honest. I dont know about you lot but i would love the fact we are not bringing in players who's careers have took a turn for the worse, injury prone or had fallouts at there clubs to the point we bring loanees to Villa all in hopes they work out rite for us. At the moment we are stuck in a loan market where potential naming rites on villa park and other sections could generate an extra fair bit of Income a year, that sees us out of all that type of transfer market because we can once again buy who we want, who is inform..

Another thing about the loan market is we are playing other teams players, reviving there careers most of the time, they go back and there career is back on track. All that is taking someone else's place who can be a permanent Aston Villa player, being permanent means they are Aston Villas till they are sold on or contracts out, our aim should be buying our own players again and increasing there worth and now Dean Smith is here that should happen under him as he knows how to coach them and play them rite. Navigating the loan market is not only stopping us from finding real inform players but also cashing in on any players who are not loaners. We could be making some extra funds by selling on once there contracts are due up or they too are inform having the season of a lifetime and an offer to good to be true comes in.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d say we are already at that stage

Sadly this is very much true, I just don't really want to admit it.

I'm in an office of 50 people in Digbeth, and the entire office support either Liverpool, Man United or Arsenal.

I'm the only Villa fan, and get lampooned for it. In my own city.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

I'm in an office of 50 people in Digbeth, and the entire office support either Liverpool, Man United or Arsenal.

I am genuinely shocked by that. It would even be preferable for them to support small heath. Disgraceful. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, islingtonclaret said:

If that's the case mate then you are the lucky one! The others are probably sad 'glory hunters' who couldn't find either Manchester or Liverpool on a map.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Of about 90 in my office its something like 30 Villa, 20 Man Utd, 15 Liverpool 10 Wolves, 5 Blose, 3 Baggies... Others.

I'd say my office is similar to this, but maybe slightly less Villa.

17 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'd say my office is similar to this, but maybe slightly less Villa.

There are 3 villa fans in my office, there are over 300 of us in the office and we are based in Birmingham

• Sad 2

i dont think its a recent struggles and relevance thing though, the glory hunters round here has been the case since i was a boy, there were **** loads of utd fans at my school, if anything i'd be interested to see how the numbers for utd and liverpool fans around here are dwindling due to city, chelsea etc would expect it to be at a higher rate than the local teams

38 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Glory hunting fans at my place....mainly man ure. Gets on my norks when I hear em discuss how unlucky "we" were last weekend.....in their brummie accents.

I showed one of them a pic of Paul McGrath and Norman Whiteside (not in their united kit) and he didn't have a clue who they were. Nor did he recognise teddy sheringham. 

Then I saw an pic of him from the company's 5 a side competition from about 10 years ago....he was in a chelsea shirt. 

Word removed !

I know someone like that as well, he was Man Utd when I met him at uni, then he became Arsenal under the Wenger glory years, he then became a Chelsea "fan" during their success. I haven't seen him for a few years but I would bet he's a man city fan now.

When the rest of us made fun of him, he said "show me where it says you cant change your club or have to support your local team"

I genuinely hate Liverpool, Man Utd more than Blues, Albion and Wolves. The way I see it, if I weren't a Villa fan I'd be a blues fan 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Here is the easiest way to find out if those 'so called' Man Utd fans are real!  Just ask them what the original name of the club was?  I just love winding up the glory hunters with this question!  I must have asked this question many, many times over the years.  I doubt that even 10% of those I've asked knew the answer!  

For those that are interested the answer is Newton Heath.  Have fun asking the question in you're respective offices!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Glory hunting fans at my place....mainly man ure. Gets on my norks when I hear em discuss how unlucky "we" were last weekend.....in their brummie accents.

I showed one of them a pic of Paul McGrath and Norman Whiteside (not in their united kit) and he didn't have a clue who they were. Nor did he recognise teddy sheringham. 

Then I saw an pic of him from the company's 5 a side competition from about 10 years ago....he was in a chelsea shirt. 

Word removed !

Great story!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

When the rest of us made fun of him, he said "show me where it says you cant change your club or have to support your local team

You can change your car, your house, even your wife, but you can never change your football team. I pity people who can’t understand this as they’ll never experience the true highs that football can bring to real fans. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You can change your car, your house, even your wife, but you can never change your football team. I pity people who can’t understand this as they’ll never experience the true highs that football can bring to real fans. 

Are you giving me permission to change my wife?  If so, can I wait until she's finished cooking my evening meal? ?

• Haha 1

On 13/11/2018 at 03:42, sidcow said:

Cathy Pacific Park? It would never have got off the ground. 

I actually quite like the sound of Cathay Pacific Villa Park for a million or two a year ??✈️?

Edited by Chewie