Villa Park name/sponsor deal

hippo

Red Bull Villa Park ... uniqlo villa park ....just eat villa park .... superdry villa park .... google villa park ..... über villa park .... all joking aside after no betting companies or cheap brands .... 

I'd like "Villa Park" to be incorporated somehow (a bit like SHA have done with their I guess), but as long as it isn't something horrific like The Aldi Arena or Primark Park then I can live with it - tis the modern age of football sadly.

Adidas is the obvious one I guess. Who sponsors the Milwaukee Bucks' arena?

It’s only ever been a matter of time.

Personally I am usually happy to change with the times, and I’d have no issue over branding the Stands.

Im not sure about the name of the ground though. I’ve always been ( probably pointlessly) pleased that the name of the ground includes the name of the Team. It’s “Villa Park”, there’s no “Liverpool Stadium” etc.....I know Cardiff’s is Cardiff City but that was very contrived, and recent. The only one I can think of is Port Vale.

So, whilst I wouldn’t lose sleep over it, I’d prefer the ground name to be left alone....especially as additionally I doubt the money we got would make much difference in the scheme of things.

What I’m pretty sure of is that when there is a decision to be made, money will be the only factor to be weighed up. And I guess that’s understandable nowadays.

If its this or sell half the squad and settle for years of lower championship football then so be it. 

When was the last time Rackhams was Rackhams or The Metropole Hotel was The Metropole. 

How about Villa Park Originals?

I'm still annoyed that people call it Villa Park. It has always been "Thee Lower Grounds" to me. None of this new fangled "Villa Park" to me.

:trollface: but seriously; it's just a name. None of us support Villa Park, we're simply used to calling the ground by that name. It doesn't have a special meaning and isn't particularly historical.

• Like 3

'something' Villa Park would be fine by me. I'd imagine that they would plaster the new name on the outside of the Doug Ellis stand. You get a decent view of that going along the expressway and M6 so would work as a giant adboard too. Surely that exposure would be worth £20m a year to one of Sawiris or Eden's businesses.  ?

I've long since made my peace with this. It's as much a part of the progress of the game now as the offside rule, all seater stadiums and paying average gobshites 100k a week.

Im not going to criticise anybody who has strong opposing opinions to doing this. But if you want to compete you have to finance it somehow and this is one of the easiest and most profitable. So there it is.

Its a cliche but everybody will still call it Villa Park regardless and if the end result is a top team on the pitch, so be it. 

Interestingly, I dont recall Chelsea or Liverpool ever changing the name of the stadium under Purslow. But im prepared for it if it has to happen.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

In Bern we still call our stadium the “Wankdorf” and not the official name “Stade de Suisse”. I imagine it’ll be the same with Villa Park, so I’m fine with the name change.

Edited by AVTuco

I’m quite surprised that people don’t care about this at all. I’d hate to see the stadium renamed.

If it was a decision between doing that or the club going completely bust, then sure. Anything else though and get to ****.

8 hours ago, limpid said:

I'm still annoyed that people call it Villa Park. It has always been "Thee Lower Grounds" to me. None of this new fangled "Villa Park" to me.

Personally I refuse to acknowledge the existence of Villa Park.  I will never forgive them for the move from Wellington Road. 

They really put their foot in it when they changed the Welly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2