Villa Park name/sponsor deal

hippo

inevitable but it will always be villa park, doesnt bother me if they sponsor each stand individually too, might as throw in the lounges too if they can find a sponsor, if we end up with the william mcgregor statue brought to you by pepsi i could not give a shit

said before in the wes edens thread, maybe interesting maybe not but the bucks new stadium has a naming rights partner (the fiserv forum - 25 year deal) and then non naming right stadium partners (johnson controls, harley davidson, miller brewing and BMO) not a clue what they pay for

• Like 2

Addidas maybe?? Aston Addidas Villa Park or Addidas Aston Villa Park, either way I would love that.

I could see someone big coming in anyway, it's not only our club Aston Villa but it's Birmingham, the second biggest city in this country and one hell of a place for a sponsor to get recognised even more. 

It seems that our stadiums in this country are taking on names just as they have been doing in America for such a long time. The NFL, baseball and basketball stadiums are renown for name changes, even new stadiums because sponsorship is highly popular there.

Anything so long as we get more income coming in and it helps our club out, but I'm with others I do hope it's not a gambling one, think it would be a bad move, is bad enough on our shirts. I've never been a fan of gambling sponsors, would much rather it be sportswear sponsorships. 

I would hold off on a sponsor till we go back up into the premier, it holds value if we were the team to win the championship or get promotion. Good  decent sponsors would come our way, not to mention increase the value of the sponsorship if we was in the premier.

Edited by Dave-R

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Adidas Villa Park I could just about live with, but if it's The Adidas Stadium or some such, no. 

I think it's got a ring too it and would be one hell of a sponsor to tie with our stadiums name. Hope Nas is prepping that one and talking to the board.

Just now, AVTuco said:

No rename at all. Something needs to be sacred. And Villa Park is to me. Even the name.

What even if it's bringing more coinage in, Its a name and the name doesn't change what we all love about Aston Villa, does not change the clubs history or how the club moves forward. We do unfortunately need to roll with the times. While other clubs are bringing in more funds from sponsor deals like this, if we don't it will be more of the same where we are staying in the past. We have to change on every level not just on the pitch.

I am all for a name change myself, so long as Villa Park is still in there on the name..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

What even if it's bringing more coinage in, Its a name and the name doesn't change what we all love about Aston Villa, does not change the clubs history or how the club moves forward. We do unfortunately need to roll with the times. While other clubs are bringing in more funds from sponsor deals like this, if we don't it will be more of the same where we are staying in the past. We have to change on every level not just on the pitch.

I am all for a name change myself, so long as Villa Park is still in there on the name..

I know what you're saying and tend to agree, but I just don't want to change VP.

I think if it did happen it would have to be “Insert sponsor name Villa Park”. If the would be sponsors think the name of the ground has some prestigious value that appeals, it wouldn’t make sense to remove the name “Villa Park”, it kinda defeats the point.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

The Premier League is the Premier League and the League Cup is the League Cup. I honestly couldn’t tell you who the sponsors are this year.

Villa Park is and always will be Villa Park, so if we can make some (a lot of) money out of it then we should and will. As long as it contains the words “Villa Park” (as in the ___ PL) then who cares.

• Like 2

Agreed that it will always be Villa Park to us fans. If the name has to be different when written down, then so be it, provided it brings in the money. 

Saying that, having [new name] Villa Park is a bit crap. Just sack the word Villa off and just go with [new name] Park. I’d be disappointed if it became ‘stadium’... but, I’d get over it. 

Edited by Tayls

Do you call it the football association challenge cup, the Emirates FA cup or just the FA cup?

Villa Park is one of things, no matter what they end up calling it and no matter how much they force the commentators to call it something else to football fans it will always be "villa park"

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Do you call it the football association challenge cup, the Emirates FA cup or just the FA cup?

Villa Park is one of things, no matter what they end up calling it and no matter how much they force the commentators to call it something else to football fans it will always be "villa park"

Agreed. Makes me wonder why sponsors bother. The name only really gets used if it's a new stadium, otherwise the real name is too well known for the sponsored name to catch on.