Orlando

tomav84

Couldn't find a previous thread so starting a new one. Booked Orlando for next year (first 2 weeks of May) for me and the mrs...doing the full Disney/universal thing as she hasn't been before and i haven't in many, many years so i imagine much has changed. Any tips from people that have been semi-recently? We're staying on i-drive and any restaurant recommendations in the area that don't cost $100 for a meal for 2 would be much appreciated too. obviously doing own research too but always nice to get recommendations!

Plenty of places to eat on i-drive from their ridiculously cheap (all you can eat pizza and drink for about £4pp!) to standard american restaurants (chillis) to rip you off tourist places (mostly the parks!)

Buy your park tickets before you go - MUCH cheaper. Volcano Bay has opened and Wet and Wild has closed. Disney Springs is pretty nice too. Rides and areas in all parks are forever changing.

If you're on I-drive it's incredibly easy to get go Universal (can even walk it in about 20mins from some points) and when we've been we normally go morning and/or night time and avoid the busier times and more extreme heat of the middle of the day. Spend those hours at the pool, shopping or on various trips.

Anything else, just ask and I'll try to remember!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Plenty of places to eat on i-drive from their ridiculously cheap (all you can eat pizza and drink for about £4pp!) to standard american restaurants (chillis) to rip you off tourist places (mostly the parks!)

Buy your park tickets before you go - MUCH cheaper. Volcano Bay has opened and Wet and Wild has closed. Disney Springs is pretty nice too. Rides and areas in all parks are forever changing.

If you're on I-drive it's incredibly easy to get go Universal (can even walk it in about 20mins from some points) and when we've been we normally go morning and/or night time and avoid the busier times and more extreme heat of the middle of the day. Spend those hours at the pool, shopping or on various trips.

Anything else, just ask and I'll try to remember!

cheers mate - yeah parks for rope drop is our plan with the view to smashing through everything with time to chill by our pool in afternoons

You can get anything you want on I-Drive. So much choice in Orlando with all the visitors. Anything specific, drop a note in this thread. I go once a year for soccer and used to work every summer at the uni in town, although a lot has changed. Place is massive so you should have no problem finding what you're looking for!

Is Ponderosa still there?

When i went with my family (about 10 years ago) that's where we went for cheap food.

You ordered a steak at the front. But when your steak came you went up to the all you can eat buffet to get food to "accompany" the steak. But the buffet had everything on it. Pizza, burgers, whole meals... even steak!

So next time we went we just ordered the cheapest steak at the start and went to town on the buffet :) 

On 14/11/2018 at 10:35, Stevo985 said:

Is Ponderosa still there?

When i went with my family (about 10 years ago) that's where we went for cheap food.

You ordered a steak at the front. But when your steak came you went up to the all you can eat buffet to get food to "accompany" the steak. But the buffet had everything on it. Pizza, burgers, whole meals... even steak!

So next time we went we just ordered the cheapest steak at the start and went to town on the buffet :) 

i seem to remember sizzler being a similar concept...dont remember food being especially great, but cant fault for cost vs quantity!

• Like 1

Â