Derby pre match

Demitri_C

I prefer Taylor at left back. I think Taylor is a shit left back, I also think Hutton is a shit left back, I also think Hutton is a shit right back :lol:

But, having a left footed player playing left back gives the team more balance, especially going forward.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

We are villa, we won't got to Pride Park, win and make a statement.

We will go there and lose, because we are Villa and that is what we do :)

Saved my fingers typing out my thoughts.

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I prefer Taylor at left back. I think Taylor is a shit left back, I also think Hutton is a shit left back, I also think Hutton is a shit right back :lol:

But, having a left footed player playing left back gives the team more balance, especially going forward.

I really honestly disagree when that left footed player is Neil Taylor.

All it means is we have a player who overlaps and then loses the ball. Or kicks it into the stands.

When Hutton plays left back he seems aware that he can't do anything with his left foot, so instead of delivering a hopeless ball when he overlaps, he cuts inside and gives it to someone who isn't rubbish.

I agree that in general you want a left footer playing left back. But when that left footed player is Neil Taylor it's not worth it :D 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

All it means is we have a player who overlaps and then loses the ball. Or kicks it into the stands.

When Hutton plays left back he seems aware that he can't do anything with his left foot, so instead of delivering a hopeless ball when he overlaps, he cuts inside and gives it to someone who isn't rubbish.

I agree that in general you want a left footer playing left back. But when that left footed player is Neil Taylor it's not worth it :D 

Why the hate for Neil Taylor? For me, he’s been a solid left for club and country for about 10 years now, ok he had a dip last season but other than that he has been a consistent performer. He’s been excellent this season in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

But when Hutton plays left back the opposition know that absolutely nothing is possible down that wing from him. At least with Taylor he can get forward and drag players out of position a bit and offer more natural width. I think having Taylor that side benefits whoever is playing on the left wing more. Creates more space. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why the hate for Neil Taylor? For me, he’s been a solid left for club and country for about 10 years now, ok he had a dip last season but other than that he has been a consistent performer. He’s been excellent this season in my opinion 

He's absolutely terrible

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

But when Hutton plays left back the opposition know that absolutely nothing is possible down that wing from him. At least with Taylor he can get forward and drag players out of position a bit and offer more natural width. I think having Taylor that side benefits whoever is playing on the left wing more. Creates more space. 

Fair enough. 

I completely disagree :) 

• Like 1

For me, their best players are:

Scott Carson in goal - excellent at this level

Malone at left back. The rest of the defence is poor, especially Keogh.

Wilson in midfield. Mount is massively overjoyed and Huddleston is only  good when the opposition allows him to control the game.

Can't see any threat up front apart from Marriott who is a good finisher and likely to pounce on any mistakes *cough* my land *cough*.

I'd be disappointed with anything less than a point. We should be winning these games if we want promotion.

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think this? Yes, he had a bad spell last season but that doesn’t make him a bad player 

He can't defend. He can't attack. He can't pass. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Question in the press conference...

"Can you reiterate how delighted you are to have Neal Cutler as GK coach?".

That's not a question, it's a statement and an obvious one at that. The media team at Villa is so poor. 

Anyway, rant over, 2-1 Villa tomorrow. UTV!

Just out of grammatical curiosity, why the question mark ?