Sign in to follow this  
Stevo985

European City Stag Destinations

27 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

just had a cracking weekend in munich for a mate's stag. they dont like big groups of lads in the evenings (i guess what capital city does?) so struggled to get into some bars after dark. no problem with the big large beer houses though

Good timing! I'm going on Friday for a stag too. Any suggestions of something to do on the Saturday? Missed out on 1860 Munich tickets which I'm a bit disappointed about. 

On 24/04/2019 at 12:57, Milfner said:

Good timing! I'm going on Friday for a stag too. Any suggestions of something to do on the Saturday? Missed out on 1860 Munich tickets which I'm a bit disappointed about. 

we tried to get bayern tickets but there was no chance, especially for 11 of us. we were lucky that there was a PDC darts tournament last weekend so went to afternoon session of that.

aside from that, there is much fun to be had just going around the different beer gardens. Augustiner keller, lowenbrau keller, and hirshgarten are my personal favourites. take a pleasant walk through the english garden too, and there are a couple of nice beer houses there as well.

if you're looking for somewhere to watch the villa sunday, killians irish bar has sky sports and was an OK bar

we also did an escape room on the monday to kill some time before we had to leave, if that's your thing

• Like 1

If you want somewhere "safe" to eat the hard rock cafe local burger is one of the best I've ever had, it's on pretzel bread (keep an eye out for laugenbrotchen or laugenstange it's the absolute bollocks) and theyre not crazy cheap but I always like hard rocks, good food and cocktails 

Same advice I always give to people coming to Germany - steins look cool but unless you throw it down the beer goes warm and flat and it becomes a chore, there are better ways of drinking the good beer

If you want a non beer time killer sit in the sunshine (that said weather is shit where I am) the old Olympic park is ok for a walk and you have the BMW offices / museum there

Edited by villa4europe

Had a great time on the Saturday - went to Fruhlingsfest and just got absolutely hammered during the day. Not sure I'd recommend Munich for a stag do though, we got knocked back from a fair few places on the Friday even when we a) weren't that pissed and b) had split up into groups of three and four. 

On 27/04/2019 at 07:42, villa4europe said:

If you want somewhere "safe" to eat the hard rock cafe local burger is one of the best I've ever had, it's on pretzel bread (keep an eye out for laugenbrotchen or laugenstange it's the absolute bollocks) and theyre not crazy cheap but I always like hard rocks, good food and cocktails 

Same advice I always give to people coming to Germany - steins look cool but unless you throw it down the beer goes warm and flat and it becomes a chore, there are better ways of drinking the good beer

If you want a non beer time killer sit in the sunshine (that said weather is shit where I am) the old Olympic park is ok for a walk and you have the BMW offices / museum there

Hard Rocks are rarely anywhere near cheap.

But, like you say, they're usually a pretty safe option to go for so I echo that. I always seem to end up visiting one when I'm in a foreign city.

It's far far from the best of local cuisine, but for an easy option they're decent.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I always seem to end up visiting one when I'm in a foreign city.

It's far far from the best of local cuisine, but for an easy option they're decent.

Likewise. From memory I can recall Brussels, Lisbon, Oslo (very weird this one*), Hamburg, Berlin (for my 30th), Bangkok, Jakarta and Hong Kong (multiple times). 

Good music, decent and filling food and a large selection of alcoholic drinks. Winner!

*they were playing hard techno music in there and it was full of hookers and shifty looking North African blokes. 

On 29/04/2019 at 16:54, Milfner said:

Had a great time on the Saturday - went to Fruhlingsfest and just got absolutely hammered during the day. Not sure I'd recommend Munich for a stag do though, we got knocked back from a fair few places on the Friday even when we a) weren't that pissed and b) had split up into groups of three and four. 

That's most of Germany sadly we'll the places I have been to anyway. 

That'sbeen my experience of Germany too sadly, we!ll the places I have been to anyway. (only Munich and Berlin) 

Just been on holiday to Lisbon and it was great value for money for beer and food, plus the weather was gorgeous.  Seems a decent place to choose for a stag do.

On 31/05/2019 at 17:36, sharkyvilla said:

Just been on holiday to Lisbon and it was great value for money for beer and food, plus the weather was gorgeous.  Seems a decent place to choose for a stag do.

I might be going algarve for mine. I heard good things about Lisbon but that's it not really have a lit to do there? 

Lisbon is a great city, bars , music , plenty of things to see and the people are friendly. Weathers great as well .

same here...did munich for a stag in april and we got knocked back in the evenings.  went a couple of years back just 3 of us for a random weekend and was much better in that respect

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

same here...did munich for a stag in april and we got knocked back in the evenings.  went a couple of years back just 3 of us for a random weekend and was much better in that respect

Lots of cities are trying get rid of stag groups including traditional stag cities like Prague and Riga

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lots of cities are trying get rid of stag groups including traditional stag cities like Prague and Riga

it's almost as if they dont want their cities having reputations for debauchery...spoilsports

On 03/06/2019 at 14:56, Zatman said:

Prague would be stupid to do so. The amount of money they would lose on tourism. 

I get it though unfortunately you have some right idiots that ruin for other sensible stag groups 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Prague would be stupid to do so. The amount of money they would lose on tourism. 

I get it though unfortunately you have some right idiots that ruin for other sensible stag groups 

Prague per population is probably busiest city in Europe for tourists. Not all stag but has ruined bits of the city that i usually prefer not to go to city centre when there

On 31/05/2019 at 17:36, sharkyvilla said:

Had mine there in April - perfect destination for all the reasons you mentioned

Sign in to follow this  

Â