European City Stag Destinations

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I got my stag in 2020. I'm thinking one of these three as never been to either.

Copenhagen

Vilnius 

Talinn

Have a feeling my best man will go for Berlin though.  Not sure if that's really for me.

So tell him you don't want to go to Berlin :D 

On 21/11/2018 at 17:58, Demitri_C said:

I got my stag in 2020. I'm thinking one of these three as never been to either.

Copenhagen

Vilnius 

Talinn

Have a feeling my best man will go for Berlin though.  Not sure if that's really for me.

All good. 

I loved Tallinn but was there on a Monday and Tuesday so avoided the stag parties, so it was just mainly locals. Very enjoyable couple of days 

On 26/11/2018 at 19:09, Xela said:

All good. 

I loved Tallinn but was there on a Monday and Tuesday so avoided the stag parties, so it was just mainly locals. Very enjoyable couple of days 

I’ve heard some great things about Tallinn 

On 26/11/2018 at 19:09, Xela said:

All good. 

Do you think Tallinn would be a good place to take the missus?  Considering it for next year.

On 30/11/2018 at 14:27, Wainy316 said:

Do you think Tallinn would be a good place to take the missus?  Considering it for next year.

Definitely. I will caveat by saying I was there in August 2008 on a Monday and Tuesday so don't know how much it would have changed in ten years. Very pretty old town though and had some lovely restaurants and pubs. 

It was my favourite of the Baltic trip I did... also spent time in Helsinki, Vilnius and Riga during that period. 

On 01/12/2018 at 14:41, Xela said:

Definitely. I will caveat by saying I was there in August 2008 on a Monday and Tuesday so don't know how much it would have changed in ten years. Very pretty old town though and had some lovely restaurants and pubs. 

It was my favourite of the Baltic trip I did... also spent time in Helsinki, Vilnius and Riga during that period. 

How was Vilnius? I've done riga. Was good although abit small and the Latvian men hated that the Latvian women would show a interest in us brits.  

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How was Vilnius? I've done riga. Was good although abit small and the Latvian men hated that the Latvian women would show a interest in us brits.  

I preferred Vilnius to Riga but 2 days was pushing it! Very small. I'd wager we were the only Brits there those 2 days (was a Wed and Thu). Still, I liked it. Landing in Riga the next day was a culture shock as it seemed so much busier (and seedier)

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

I preferred Vilnius to Riga but 2 days was pushing it! Very small. I'd wager we were the only Brits there those 2 days (was a Wed and Thu). Still, I liked it. Landing in Riga the next day was a culture shock as it seemed so much busier (and seedier)

I think we are looking to go away for aroubd 3 nights. If 2 nights was too much then it's probably a no no.

On 03/12/2018 at 17:06, Xela said:

see i didnt find riga too seedy at all...certainly when compared to the likes of hamburg. it was nice to the point we all said about taking our respective mrs' there at some point (still hasnt happened however)

• 1 month later...
On 22/11/2018 at 08:51, Wainy316 said:

It would be cool to go somewhere new but I think it would be impossible to have a bad stag in a German city.

I have my Stag at the end of August. Already know were going to Cologne and taking in a football match (which will depend on which teams in the vicinity are at home) The rest I imagine i'll be kept in the dark.

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I have my Stag at the end of August. Already know were going to Cologne and taking in a football match (which will depend on which teams in the vicinity are at home) The rest I imagine i'll be kept in the dark.

I've done the same, did oktoberfest and then a game in frankfurt (ICE train with a happy weekend ticket is £20 travel anywhere in germany) it was brilliant, I've spent a lot of time there, not sure which thread i've already said this in cologne is a big place, got 3/4 drinking areas and its own version of broad street which locals avoid, ze germans drink late, really late, start at midnight / 1am and stay out until sunlight, the beer (kolsch) is incredible and like drinking pop, you can find steins but they are shit and you'll find some decent pilsner or bottles of bitburger (try the bitburger cola) 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 13/01/2019 at 16:56, AlwaysAVFC said:

i loved cologne...not too debaucherous compared to other stag cities. just a good drinking city

• 2 months later...

just had a cracking weekend in munich for a mate's stag. they dont like big groups of lads in the evenings (i guess what capital city does?) so struggled to get into some bars after dark. no problem with the big large beer houses though

Â