Copa Libertadores

maqroll

1 hour ago, Troglodyte said:

Shame nowhere in the UK seems to be showing the final.

it's a pisstake really.  A friend if mine seems to think there are gambling sites that allow you to stream if you have a bet on the game!? not sure how true this is as have no betting accounts!

Yeah I imagine that Bet365 will probably have it, but the quality isn't great and if I remember correctly you can't watch it full screen. I'm sure I'll be able to find somewhere else online to watch it without too much difficulty, but it is surprising that there's no coverage at all here.

So how would this work in regards to work permit?

JOAO THE ONE 

Watford agree deal to sign 17-year-old Brazilian striker Joao Pedro from Fluminense

Hornets swoop for teenage hotshot but the star will not be moving to England until January 2020

WATFORD have agreed a deal to sign 17-year-old Brazilian Joao Pedro.

But the teenage striker won’t be moving to England until January 2020 as part of the agreement with Fluminense.

Watford are signing 17-year-old Brazilian Joao Pedro

The two clubs have had a good relationship since Watford paid £11million for Richarlison last year before selling him to Everton for £44million in the summer.

Now Hornets boss Javi Gracia is hoping that Joao Pedro will prove to be an equally sound investment when he finally arrives at Vicarage Road.

The Brazilian youth international, who can also play as a left winger, has yet to make his senior debut for Fluminense but has scored 31 goals for them in youth events in 2018.

The idea is that he gains regular first team experience in Brazil before joining Watford, with an undisclosed fee and bonuses already settled in advance of the move.

Watford hope he will be as successful as Richarlison, who signed for £11m from Fluminense before being sold to Everton for £44m

It is a similar arrangement to the ones which Real Madrid struck with Flamengo and Santos for talented youngsters Vincius Junior and Rodrygo.

Fluminense president Pedro Abadi confirmed: “We have had some complicated financial situations and we needed some security.

“This deal could solve our problems without affecting our squad.

“Joao Pedro aroused the interest of another club and we have used a new model of negotiation which means that his value will increase when new goals are met.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7692761/watford-sign-joao-pedro-fluminense/

I assume he has a great, great uncle's cat who once saw a Portuguese flagged ship on telly?

34 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

BT sport will be showing the game from 8pm Saturday

Actually on Freesports which is available on channel:

Sky - 422

BT, Freeview, Talk Talk - 95

Virgin - 533

Freesat - 252

Happy Days!

On 05/11/2018 at 22:46, Zatman said:

probably best thread for this but a 14 year old has scored in the biggest derby in the Paraguayan league yesterday

Holy moly.  You're not wrong !

c77d90782b0528365c6450677a52d2a2.png

• Like 1

On 05/11/2018 at 20:52, maqroll said:

no away fans for either leg apparently oh well

Well that's a load of old bollocks.  What a crap atmosphere that'll be :( 

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well that's a load of old bollocks.  What a crap atmosphere that'll be :( 

They usually only allow something like 5-10% allocation to away fans at these games anyway. was going to be 4000 in a 49000 capacity stadium

And trust me, the atmosphere will be bonkers :D 

But I agree, no away fans does take something away.

See why they can not risk it thou.

Edited by sne

14 hours ago, S-Platt said:

it's a pisstake really.  A friend if mine seems to think there are gambling sites that allow you to stream if you have a bet on the game!? not sure how true this is as have no betting accounts!

Is it really a pisstake though? People are only interested now because Boca vs River not when rights were available.  If it was Gremio vs Boca nobody would really even mention it

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is it really a pisstake though? People are only interested now because Boca vs River not when rights were available.  If it was Gremio vs Boca nobody would really even mention it

I actually thought the BBC might pick the game up like you say as it’s a one of a kind.  Hence the pisstake quote.  Spending a little of our licence fee on these 2 games as opposed to flogging a dead horse which they do with Women’s Football!

I think if the Semi Finals/Finals were on every year it would get a big following no matter who played.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I actually thought the BBC might pick the game up like you say as it’s a one of a kind.  Hence the pisstake quote.  Spending a little of our licence fee on these 2 games as opposed to flogging a dead horse which they do with Women’s Football!

I think if the Semi Finals/Finals were on every year it would get a big following no matter who played.  

Channel 4 used show the games delayed about 12-15 years back pre-internet streaming. Tevez, Mascherano were playing in Brazil at the time

Good read.    (Full article is longer)

SUPERCLASICO SPECIAL: WHAT’S IT ACTUALLY LIKE TO WATCH A BOCA JUNIORS MATCH?

For many football fans, a trip to watch Boca Juniors play amid the famously  hubbub at La Bombonera is a bucket list staple.

With Boca set to battle primordial rivals River Plate in the grand finale of the Copa Libertadores this weekend, freelance sports journalist Chris Marshall-Bell (@cmbell310) tells us exactly what it’s like to worship among Los Xeneizes’ congregation from within the very bowels of their cacophonous blue and yellow cathedral.

Specifically, Marshall-Bell was lucky enough to travel to Buenos Aires and attend Boca’s first-leg semi-final win over Palmeiras which, as you’re about to find out, was quite the experience.

To the untrained eye, there is chaos all around. Three stout lines of security and police have been negotiated before entering the ground, and once inside, a bewildering barrage of noise and colour fails to mask the maelstrom of activity.

While one fan clambers up the high wire fence that separates him from the pitch to hang yellow and blue steamers, others traverse across walls to hang their banners. In the stand that bears the number 12 (i.e. the “Twelfth Man”), crushes threaten to start, with arms waving about sporadically. Waving, not drowning.

The Brazilian opposition come out to train, booed and jeered like the encroaching villains they are – each player the target of fans extending their elbows back and forth repeatedly, whilst simultaneously shouting abuse and inflammatory insults, doing their best to intimidate.

Except, of course, to the trained eye, to the Boca Juniors fan, this is all completely normal. The madness, the fervent passion, the acrobatics, the banners proclaiming that “Boca is Life” – hung precariously and somewhat ironically while defying death.

This is Argentinian football. This is how it rolls...

Boca-3.jpgBoca-2.jpg

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/feature/279659/superclasico-special-whats-it-actually-like-to-watch-a-boca-juniors-match.html

Game in risk of being postponed due to heavy rain ?

Can you imagine the scenes if it ends up being played?

Waterlogged pitch, players gliding full force into tackles and bodies flying everywhere. Will be a carnage.

On 09/11/2018 at 13:21, S-Platt said:

Actually on Freesports which is available on channel:

Sky - 422

BT, Freeview, Talk Talk - 95

Virgin - 533

Freesat - 252

Happy Days!

It's on both Freesports and BT Sport 2 according to Live Football on TV. If the match goes ahead that is!

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The weather might help things as the football itself will be dreadful to watch

Both teams are currently mid table in Argentina top flight

Then again it is the final of Copa Libertadores so they must have done something right.

Will be a battle thou always been the times I've seen them face each other.

Granted, not that very many times :D 

Â