Leicester City helicopter crash

Demitri_C

I can't see some of those players (Especially Vardy & Schmeichel) wanting to/be ready to play on Saturday against Cardiff so would think that will be off too.

The tabloids seem to have got hold of some cctv from outside the ground that shows the crash

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6329635/Dramatic-CCTV-captures-moment-Leicester-owners-helicopter-crash.html

Harrowing CCTV has captured the moment Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha's helicopter crashed seconds after take-off before crashing and killing all five passengers.

Footage shows the billionaire's helicopter taking off from the King Power Stadium in a seemingly routine manner before it appears to malfunction above a line of trees.

It then spins out of control mid-air before hurtling towards the ground and bursting into flames.

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

I can't see some of those players (Especially Vardy & Schmeichel) wanting to/be ready to play on Saturday against Cardiff so would think that will be off too.

The tabloids seem to have got hold of some cctv from outside the ground that shows the crash

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6329635/Dramatic-CCTV-captures-moment-Leicester-owners-helicopter-crash.html

Harrowing CCTV has captured the moment Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha's helicopter crashed seconds after take-off before crashing and killing all five passengers.

Footage shows the billionaire's helicopter taking off from the King Power Stadium in a seemingly routine manner before it appears to malfunction above a line of trees.

It then spins out of control mid-air before hurtling towards the ground and bursting into flames.

Not like the Daily Mail to try to profit off a tragedy. I bet they couldn't believe their luck when they managed to bribe someone to give them the CCTV footage.

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not like the Daily Mail to try to profit off a tragedy. I bet they couldn't believe their luck when they managed to bribe someone to give them the CCTV footage.

Think it was actually in the sun & express first after being posted on twitter and hastily vanishing after presumably being purchased by the sun but guessed people may prefer a mail link to a sun link.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mahrez has scored for City tonight, over what has happened its a bit fitting that a Leicester legend would score today

Not having a pop at you Zatman, but this leicester "legend" was the one who played his face up and wanted to leave the club. I didn't see his goal vs spurs but I hope he didn't go dedicating it to the late chairman, as I would find that a bit hypocritical.

13 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

The way thats spinning backwards is absolutely terrifying. That must have been scary as hell for all those that perished. Absolutely dreadful.

The pilot is a hero for me to manage to avoid going into the stadium. That could have been catrosphic. How only the passengers are casualties is a miracle.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The way thats spinning backwards is absolutely terrifying. That must have been scary as hell for all those that perished. Absolutely dreadful.

The pilot is a hero for me to manage to avoid going into the stadium. That could have been catrosphic. How only the passengers are casualties is a miracle.

Truth be told, the pilot wouldn't have had much, if any, control over a spinning out helicopter.  

Much like the "hero" pilot who avoided crashing his red arrow a few years ago, he was completely unconscious when his plane went out of control.

It's media stories.  The only people who knew what was going on on the chopper was the pilot.  

I'm not saying he wasn't a "hero" or he wasn't trying to avoid people, but when a chopper is out of control, there's nothing too control. 

• Like 1

He said something along the lines of

"...it was his mistress, aka a member of staff. *laughing* 'Family Man'"

Apologies to the mods if I've done anything wrong there but it's out there in the public domain and he's apologised for is so I think it's fair game.

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He said something along the lines of

"...it was his mistress, aka a member of staff. *laughing* 'Family Man'"

Apologies to the mods if I've done anything wrong there but it's out there in the public domain and he's apologised for is so I think it's fair game.

Seems ok to me.

You posting it, not him saying it.  Or at least not saying it where he did...

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm not saying he wasn't a "hero" or he wasn't trying to avoid people, but when a chopper is out of control, there's nothing too control. 

This. If it was me then blind panic would've set in as i realised these would be my last moments alive and logical thinking would go out of the window. Then again, I'm not a trained, experienced pilot. I just feel that his control over the chopper wouldn't have been great.

Jesus....what a truly awful scenario. May they all rest in peace.

Edited by mottaloo

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

What did he say?

Quite literally stood next to all the flowers talking to a crew member.

"As opposed to the mistress who died in the crash, otherwise known as member of staff, i.e. mistress... family man... But that's what you do if you are a billionaire or royalty, it's relatively expected so we shouldn't judge."

39 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Lookd fkd the second it left the ground

What looks wrong with it on takeoff? If you're talking about the smoke near the tail, that's expected when the engine first starts up.

As the failure was almost certainly the tail rotor, which at the point of takeoff appears to be fine. It wouldn't have got as high as it did if it was **** at takeoff.

Â