Pre-Match Thread

BleedClaretAndBlue

Can’t wait to see the line up, I think we’ll probably set up quite attacking. I also think Hutton is better than Taylor at LB.

Nyland

Bree     Chester      Tuanzebe     Hutton

Bolasie   Hourihane   McGinn      Adomah

Grealish 

Tammy

Edited by alreadyexists

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Can’t wait to see the line up, I think we’ll probably set up quite attacking. I also think Hutton is better than Taylor at LB.

Nyland

Bree     Chester      Tuanzebe     Hutton

Bolasie   Hourihane   McGinn      Adomah

Grealish 

Tammy

I would maybe prefer Kodjia over Adomah but that looks like a solid side. 

I’m not sure what to think or expect. Intellectually, I think we could smash them, but then I remember that I am a Villa fan and the football gods absolutely hate me.

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Maybe if Bruce was still our manager, but the demands on this role have changed.

We need subtlety rather than blood and thunder.

Taylor is nowhere near perfect but is the best option atm.

Id also play Bree on the right, short term he will struggle but we need him blooding at some time. 

I would really like to be surprised by something in the line up. A youth player somewhere in the squad. Something to make it a little more interesting. It seems like we've been playing the same team all season and we're 18th. Can we see something else today to keep my interest

After 2 away losses this is an important game for the new management team otherwise pressure starts to build mainly from fans expectations.  I watched the QPR game and thought Villa were unlucky not to score so hopefully they will have worked on the Villa defense in the last week and some luck will go for you in front of goal. Hopefully McGinn will be better this week and  Grealish keeps up the intensity he showed last week.

Good luck .?

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Maybe if Bruce was still our manager, but the demands on this role have changed.

We need subtlety rather than blood and thunder.

Taylor is nowhere near perfect but is the best option atm.

Id also play Bree on the right, short term he will struggle but we need him blooding at some time. 

I respectfully disagree :) I think Hutton (also very far from perfect) is better at LB than Taylor who looked like a lost lamb last week (or whenever the last game was, it’s been a blur!)

#bringbacktonymoon

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Hogan starting is strange. Abraham must be benched. Although I think a higan Abraham partnership could be interesting 

That could be an interesting pairing, I wonder if we’ll see that soon. With two up front, what midfield would you play?

Just now, alreadyexists said:

That could be an interesting pairing, I wonder if we’ll see that soon. With two up front, what midfield would you play?

Grealish would have to be dropped if it's a 4-4-2, unless it's a 3-5-2 but we don't have 3 CB's to be able to do that