Pre-Match Thread

BleedClaretAndBlue

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't agree that 2 defeats and 17th precludes a 30k attendance.  I think it's very much the fact it's a Friday evening on the tellybox that affects attendances.  The opposition doesn't help either.  But mainly day, time and telly.

It will be 32k, which is a good crowd for a Friday night TV game. If we would have beaten Norwich and QPR,  it would be closer to 40k, imo , so I do think those two defeats will have had an effect on tomorrow’s crowd. 

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It will be 32k, which is a good crowd for a Friday night TV game. If we would have beaten Norwich and QPR,  it would be closer to 40k, imo , so I do think those two defeats will have had an effect on tomorrow’s crowd. 

Yeah Fridays are just shit..

Leeds last season was our only Friday evening home game.  Despite Leeds being arguably the biggest draw outside of the 'noses, despite that being our 2nd last home game of the season with us being only 5pts off the automatic places going into it with 4 games to go, and us on a good run at the time, that game still only saw 33,374 in attendance.  And that's almost a perfect storm.  **** Friday games.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah Fridays are just shit..

Leeds last season was our only Friday evening home game.  Despite Leeds being arguably the biggest draw outside of the 'noses, despite that being our 2nd last home game of the season with us being only 5pts off the automatic places going into it with 4 games to go, and us on a good run at the time, that game still only saw 33,374 in attendance.  And that's almost a perfect storm.  **** Friday games.

I see your point, but those two defeats have knocked a few thousand off the gate, imo. The feel good factor of Bruce going, and a small name like Dean Smith(No offence) coming in attracted a sold out crowd v Swansea. If we had kept the momentum going after the Swansea game, the place wouldn’t be far off full tomorrow. I don’t mind Friday night games tbf. Finish work Friday, and it’s off to the game. Leaves me not having to choose between work or going to the footy on Saturday. Train leaves Witton at 10.22, and back in mine for 11.15. 

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

looks like Adomah is fit, Thor isnt.

Interesting that he commented that he was watching Bree, O'Hare, Lansbury and some of the U23's etc.

The eagle-eyed followers of the U23 league noticed some significant omissions from Monday's squad.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

The eagle-eyed followers of the U23 league noticed some significant omissions from Monday's squad.

Yep i saw that, but regardless the fact he specifically mentioned it caused me to have a single eyebrow raise :P

I just thought if it wasnt something on his mind, he wouldnt mention it in the press conference.

Edited by MaVilla

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Do you think we might see any of them in the squad tomorrow? 

Bree and O'hare wouldn't suprise me to be honest. 

23 minutes ago, av1 said:

Do you think we might see any of them in the squad tomorrow? 

Bree and O'hare wouldn't suprise me to be honest. 

O'Hare would be a good start. Bree wouldn't surprise me as i think he's already largely a senior anyway. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

O'Hare would be a good start. Bree wouldn't surprise me as i think he's already largely a senior anyway. 

I hope Bree gets a chance tbh, i also would like to see O'Hare on the bench (and actually used if possible).

Bolton are dangerous from corners and free kicks around the box. I suspect if Bruce was still manager he’d bring in Jedinak in front of the 2 center halfs.

Be interesting to see if Dean Smith takes that into consideration in his team selection or just concentrates on our attacking intent.

Edited by Vincenzo

18 hours ago, BOF said:

For me, playing Friday gives me nothing to look forward to at the weekend, as you're already done and it's 'just' everyone else.  I prefer us playing in amongst all the action.  Maybe it's different for local and foreign fans.

I know what you mean but at least we get our weekend back.  Can wash the car or read a book or something. 

2 hours ago, Vincenzo said:

Bolton are dangerous from corners and free kicks around the box. I suspect if Bruce was still manager he’d bring in Jedinak in front of the 2 center halfs.

Jedinak would be one of the centre halfs.