Match Thread: QPR v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

You can see that there is a plan and some improvement but we haven’t really got the right players at the moment. We need better fullbacks and wide players. Kodija and Elmo are so predictable and ineffective 

Let’s hope we can keep in the hunt until the window

I can see the plan - I just don't agree with it - we are so slow to build up QPR are ready and waiting when (if) we ever get to the penalty area.

As DS illuded to previously he has not had a lot of on ball training with these players so they are struggling.

We have confidence issues and tactical issues.

We have a high percentage of possession yet we are unable to make any use of the ball we do not move the ball quickly on counter attacking possessions.

Our width is very weak and we are unable to coordinate passes in the midfield to supply our strikers.

We look likely to score from set pieces.

I blame Bruce for the squad he has left us with. A very imbalance squad. 

Chester is lacking confidence and he has no one to challenge him for his position because we are so short in that position.

DS has his work cut out and there are a few players that need moving on.

I genuinely cannot see us being promoted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

100%. A couple of decent signings will transform this team. Really enjoying it so far. 

I agree the football looks alot better, faster, more possesion for a few games is looking ace.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

At least he's pissed off. I'm unreasonably angry with the boy wonder Grealish walking off at half time with a massive grin on his face while we're losing to QP **** R.

Annoying, but much better display than the last two games so far.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Same. This was always my concern with a new manager and why I didn’t blame Bruce for all our problems. A new manager doesn’t change the shit players. 

Do you mean all the shit players that Bruce bought or loaned in or are you talking about a completely different set of shit players that were never Bruced?

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Meh! It just reminds me of when Lambert decided we were Borussia Dortmund and we just pissed about with it whilst rarely looking all that dangerous. 

Yep. With these players we will eventually got back to parking the bus and hitting on the break.

Just now, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Meh! It just reminds me of when Lambert decided we were Borussia Dortmund and we just pissed about with it whilst rarely looking all that dangerous. 

Exactly this - it didn't work then and it won't work now - attack with pace and power 

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

But everyone wanted non hoof ball. This is what “exciting football” with rubbish players looks like. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There’s reason why top teams are discarding players type like Kodjia/Bolasie/Adomah/Benteke.. to a certain extend even Luakuku is heavily criticized. such players values are dropping like flies, they are not team player/selfish  & are easily neutralize in the modern game . They are belong in the bygone era , like the Wilfred Bony of the world .. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep. With these players we will eventually got back to parking the bus and hitting on the break.

Dean Smith won't park the bus, he will replace the shit players Bruce left us. 

2 minutes ago, dappadan said:

I was coming on here thinking everyone would be behind the team and think we played well....Thought there was a lot more energy and some decent football personally. 3 goals for villa 2nd half.

Id settle for one TBH - can't see it , QPR defence have us in there pocket.

Edited by hippo

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

As DS illuded to previously he has not had a lot of on ball training with these players so they are struggling.

I'm not blaming Smith at all, he's only been here a couple of weeks, but this just blows my mind.

I mean, on paper, these bunch of rocket polishers are professional footballers. Most of them towards the end of their career. And they need coaching to pass a **** football.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2