Ratings and Reactions: QPR v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/10/18 at 23:59

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Another day another pile of shit. Another mistake and we get punished.  Yet we fail to even fully test their keeper properly.

On the way home with a train full of villa fans. Even when we went down I've never seen villa fans so down. Losing to a terrible QPR side - and failing to even score past them.

Bruce has totally shafted us with this shambles of a defence.  Chester was absolutely dreadful today. 

The only positives were mcginn grealish and tuanzebe. 

The seasons over already. Another absolute shambles of a season.

We never stopped singing, great away day despite the result , as always. Keep the faith we are moving in the right direction 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, peterms said:

They should get out more.  I've seen far, far worse.

An immediate turnaround would be nice.

So would a pony, and a case of Bruichladdich delivered to my door free of charge, but I don't really expect those as of right.

Once you drink the Bruichladdich - what are you going to do with the pony ?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Have you? Lying close to the relegation zone with a frightening fixture list coming up despite having one of the best teams in the league? 

Its pathetic. This is the worst I’ve seen this club in all my years supporting the club.

I've seen far worse in ths last year.

I've been watching the Villa, off and on, since about 1966.  I don't have to go back anything like that far to remind myself of dreadful, shocking performances.  I don't have to leave the Steve Bruce era, for example.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Once you drink the Bruichladdich - what are you going to do with the pony ?

I shall share the Bruichladdich with the pony, not equally I admit, and from there on it's between me and the pony.  You don't need to know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

We'll come good, I'm 100% certain of that, even losing 2 in a row, we have showed signs in these last 2 matches that we want to play attacking high tempo positive football. The performance was encouraging despite the result. Sign good defenders in January and start finishing our chances and we are up. 

At last a sensible review. Inspired me to contribute even though I pressed many wrong comment buttons.

1 hour ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

We'll come good, I'm 100% certain of that, even losing 2 in a row, we have showed signs in these last 2 matches that we want to play attacking high tempo positive football. The performance was encouraging despite the result. Sign good defenders in January and start finishing our chances and we are up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, westholmevillan said:

Smith....out of is depth. We went for the cheap option and got DS....way, way out of his deoth!

Probably the most ridiculous comment I have ever read on VT.

• Like 4

Fair few points from that game tbh.

Bjarnason/McGinn look a really good pairing in the DM/MC role, pity Bjarnason got injured, thor looked pretty calm on the ball and looks confident playing in a DS system, Mcginn was good as usual, but sometimes he keeps the ball a little too long i think (with his runs and getting tackled).

McGinn makes me want to sing "i like BIG BUTTS and i cannot lie".......cus his ass play is good :P, im sure there is a song in there somewhere......

"I like McGinns big butt and i cannot lie

You other fans cant deny

When a player runs over with an itty bitty waist

And that round thing at McGinn's feet

You get sprung, off his ass"

Grealish looked good but without any end product, Kodjia also looked fairly good, again with no end product, i think we played some really nice passing at times but no-one seemed to have a killer ball in them, that needs to be solved.

Abraham, not sure what he did all night to be honest, didnt hold the ball up well, missed chances, i know he is good, but i wasnt impressed tonight, and add up all the chances he has missed over the last 3 games, its a bit concerning tbh, although one arguement could be at least he is getting the chances??

Elmo was tidy(ish) as usual, tbh i think he should be moved to RB, would allow someone in defence who can play a pass.

Taylor was shocking, just shocking, his passing or lack of it, omg, not much more i can say i dont think.

Hutton, eh, needs to be replaced with Elmo at RB imo.

Chester, i know a lot of ppl rate him, but personally im not so keen, i always thought he was too small/short to be an effective CB, and his recent displays havent really changed my opinion.

Tunazebe was pretty decent again, but i cant decide if his runs in to mid field were good or leaving the defence short.

Overall, we played as well as i have seen for a LONG time in terms of passing and control, but just without that end product, i think in Jan we need new defenders badly, like....badly badly, if we can get some sort of defence sorted i almost think the mid field and attack will pass muster until the end of the season (assuming the click at some point).

Still positive regardless of two defeats, i think once we get 2 to 4 good signings, we will be on the right path.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

same sh*t different manager

Definitely not the same at all. Didn’t see Bruce have us playing that sort of football ever. Individual errors were the problem and that is bound to happen with the change of style.

A frustrating game largely because there were more than enough opportunities and we just didn't get the rub of the green.

The other thing was that the players looked like they were trying hard to implement something that wasn't quite coming to them naturally, resulting in a few misplaced passes etc. 

Once it sticks I think we'll be fine, but unfortunately I suspect that will come too late for us to mount a challenge. 

I can see us being this years Fulham going on a long unbeaten run to go up ,we have s similar style now and when we click we will be hard to stop ,defence is a worry but expect us to rectify that in Jan it’s a exciting time to be a villa fan it will come good 

13 minutes ago, BigAl said:

I can see us being this years Fulham going on a long unbeaten run to go up ,we have s similar style now and when we click we will be hard to stop ,defence is a worry but expect us to rectify that in Jan it’s a exciting time to be a villa fan it will come good 

Sorry But It does not make feel excited. I'm concerned and worried. But always optimistic

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Some ridiculous negative comments on here. It's a new manager with a different philosophy, who has hardly had a day on the training ground with the players and has inherited an unbalanced squad.

Do you really expect us to suddenly go from being garbage to world beaters in a week?! Qpr and Norwich are the league's top 2 form teams and we are away from home. Right now they are the two hardest fixtures we could have had in the same week.

We showed some serious attacking intent at times, which will only improve. Give DS a chance before crucifying him. 

but there has been many posts on here saying we have amongst the best squad in the league......which is it?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BigAl said:

That aint happening

8 hours ago, tinker said:

We never stopped singing, great away day despite the result , as always. Keep the faith we are moving in the right direction 

The away support was great. We did get very frustrated with the lame crosses though esp from elmo

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I will let you on to something- this isn't one of the best teams in the league. It is totally unbalanced and we have no defence, with a third of the season gone. 

If we really did have one of the best teams in the league we would be near the top and Bruce would still be in charge.

The defence is a shambles no question but you have teams like Rotherham that can keep clean sheets yet we fail miserably.

We have zero options to drop a cb like chester when playing poorly so we have to make do until January and the season will be over by then. Just too far away and we have such a tough December 

I thought we played really well, especially when you consider the run QPR have been on, like someone mentioned earlier we just played the top 2 in the form guide and didnt look far off. 

Even more impressive when you consider DS has only had 3 or 4 training sessions, now we have a week until the next game so it gives the boss some actual training time to implement some patterns of play and structure. Will also give him the opportunity to assess some of the fringe players which he really hasnt had the chance to do. 

You could also tell that the tyupe of football being asked from these players is alien to that, Chester and Taylor are particularly struggling with this pass it around business with lots of sloppy passes. The more they play this way the better they will get at it, some people are expecting too much too soon, I'm actually pleasantly surprised we have adopted this style quicker than I thought we would. This time next month we will be a lot better at it. 

I'm really excited to see how we look come February/ March time as the players will be fully used to this by then and we will have some new players better suited to this style of football (2 new fullbacks hopefully) 

• Like 2

Â