Ratings and Reactions: QPR v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/10/18 at 23:59

I can see the evolution of pure style of play and there are many positives. I think we need to appreciate that the players need to be given credit for doing things that are out of their comfort zones. We kept the ball well at times and gave it away hopelessly too many times. 

I'm not expecting miracles overnight, I am however disappointed with the contribution of a few players. I felt we gave the ball away under no pressure far too often. I felt we tried to force openings that were not there and were naïve in attack and defence. 

The goal was very poor indeed, Chester is having a difficult season, I think he should have done better. Taylor wasn't very good at all tonight, Hutton isn't suited to anything but last ditch defending and Yannick Bolasie should be put out of his misery. 

We'll get there I think and there are signs that we can hurt teams. It will 'click' and when it does I feel we will be hard to play against. At the moment, we're more than a bit soft and we'll have to ride it out until we either improve or replace some of the squad. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Hanky said:

The sickening thing is QPR are bloody dreadful. Shouldn’t have lost. We’ve got a few decent players sprinkled into some really shit ones.

They did seem to celebrate the win as if they were lucky to get 3 points.

I'm just disappointed that the new manager "bounce" aint happening for us.

• Like 1

Saw the 2nd half only, as I mentioned earlier.

My thoughts:

Woah! What an improvement. Chasing down the opposition and closing in on their space and opportunities. Playing out from the back, actually playing out from the back and not conceding possession almost instantly. We had solid stints of build up play. Bolasie showed why he will in all probability equal the efforts of Snodgrass from last season, a huge boost to this campaign.

My only criticism was that we lacked any cutting edge in the final third. I didn't see the goal but obviously that is disappointing because we miss out on valuable points.

I enjoyed watching that. I thought we were going to get something out of it too. Not to be.

I couldn't really be bothered sifting through posts that state we are potentially in a relegation scrap or that Smith isn't up to it.

I'm going to go and continue to enjoy what's been a decent start to my Saturday.

Thanks guys, I'm out.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, jim said:

Wasn’t great. Going to be a long road. I just hope Dean is up to the challenge.

Yes, a long road.  He doesn't strike me as a "this week, next week" kind of manager.  That's good, in this situation.

• Like 1

Another day another pile of shit. Another mistake and we get punished.  Yet we fail to even fully test their keeper properly.

On the way home with a train full of villa fans. Even when we went down I've never seen villa fans so down. Losing to a terrible QPR side - and failing to even score past them.

Bruce has totally shafted us with this shambles of a defence.  Chester was absolutely dreadful today. 

The only positives were mcginn grealish and tuanzebe. 

The seasons over already. Another absolute shambles of a season.

• Sad 2

38 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not much point in dominating a game if we can’t score goals and win it.

If you can I'd say it's always best to dominate the game, in the long run you will win more than you lose.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Even when we went down I've never seen villa fans so down.

They should get out more.  I've seen far, far worse.

An immediate turnaround would be nice.

So would a pony, and a case of Bruichladdich delivered to my door free of charge, but I don't really expect those as of right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

Didn’t come off for us today, deserved more

early days so far - I’m neutral on Smith at the moment but I can see some improvement already but we need three or four in to play the way he seems to require

Taylor has got to be dropped and use Hutton at LB and then bring Elmo or Bree in at RB

I feel we will turn the corner soon and the league is so open the play offs are in play for us for a while yet. 

The fact that you, like I, can see improvement in what can’t be more than 5 or 6 practices on the pitch makes me wonder how you can be neutral.  I see it too, I’m encouraged.  I don’t think we know how long it will take because we don’t yet know which players can/will adapt enough to an actual system. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, peterms said:

They should get out more.  I've seen far, far worse.

An immediate turnaround would be nice.

So would a pony, and a case of Bruichladdich delivered to my door free of charge, but I don't really expect those as of right.

Have you? Lying close to the relegation zone with a frightening fixture list coming up despite having one of the best teams in the league? 

Its pathetic. This is the worst I’ve seen this club in all my years supporting the club.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Have you? Lying close to the relegation zone with a frightening fixture list coming up despite having one of the best teams in the league? 

Its pathetic. This is the worst I’ve seen this club in all my years supporting the club.

I will let you on to something- this isn't one of the best teams in the league. It is totally unbalanced and we have no defence, with a third of the season gone. 

If we really did have one of the best teams in the league we would be near the top and Bruce would still be in charge.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

New manager needs time to implement his ideas plus sign the players who can bring those ideas to fruition.

It's therefore ridiculous to criticize the new manager at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â