Ratings and Reactions: QPR v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/10/18 at 23:59

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

About the furthest from the truth I think it is possible to be. We absolutely dominated the game, one defensive error has cost us badly. Probably Taylor should have covered better as of the two he was the only one with a view of the player and the ball. Best we've played for ages, Smith gettign us to that level of passing and movement so quickly from what we were doing before with so few training sessions is phenomenal. Unfortunately for Smith he's been left without a defence, and a fuckton of possibly not world beating wingers. 

Many many positives, actual good recruitment in January with that level of coaching and who knows. In the meantime that level of performance will win us more games than not. We looked like the home side whereas before with Bruce we defended the 18 yard line at home. Hit the post, missed some sitters, really should at least have got a point.

disagree, it was still painful to watch and we made it easy for the opposition.

Not saying I blame Smith, that defence is dreadful and the more they play it around the back the more you wait for them to be dispossessed or a worse error to happen. Abraham doesn't have the experience or even the physicality to dominate in the box. We are attempting to play some nicer football but have zero cutting edge and humourously easy to defend against.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

True, but if we say that all season we are going down.

Not sure when was the last time we could say that we dominated a game, especially away, Wolves at home might be the last time. If we dominate like that every game, we won't' lose many.

Just now, romavillan said:

Not sure when was the last time we could say that we dominated a game, especially away, Wolves at home might be the last time. If we dominate like that every game, we won't' lose many.

Doesn’t matter how much you ‘dominate’, if you can’t defend.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We were the better team but our defence is awful, fullbacks are league two standard and we don't really create many good chances from open play. Jack gets on the ball a lot but his end product is well below where it needs to be. 

To be honest I would drop grealish for hourihane for all jacks endeavour there is no end product Conor for all his faults has a nack of getting goals and assists and that is what wins games 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Played well for 70 minutes, deserved the draw, maybe deserved the win. QPR got something on everything at the back but they were a little lucky too ...... on another day that could have been 1-5 Villa. Frustrating but progress being made !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Not much point in dominating a game if we can’t score goals and win it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Compared to the two years of BRuce previously, in what way can you describe our football as painful to watch? The result was painful, but that was the best football we have played for a long long time.

5 shots on target...

• Like 1

I’m not sure the old premier league world we used to belong to are that bothered about us.  If followers of the club forget about what others think and get behind the club we might move on. We were a founding member of the football league, we won trophies over a long period of time. We still have the the same famous name but we are playing (deservedly) at a lower level. We will get back but it will take time. Those on here that think we have a divine right to be successful are in for a very frustrating few months. 

I said as much in the match thread - I can't wait until January to (I hope) shore up things a bit.  We're looking better and I really like how Smith has approached things.  We just now need to stop the rot, get some confidence back and show that we are still a force.  I have no doubts things will improve.  We're already seeing positive signs and whilst results haven't gone our way yet, we're looking much more likely to achieve them as things go on judging by tonight. 

• Thanks 1

It’s all huff and puff with no end product. It’s just not happening for us. Maybe it will eventually click but at the moment it feels depressing and inevitable we won’t win. I took heart in the fact we had scored in every game and now that has gone too. 

I might take a break.  It’s only football but I feel deflated. 

• Like 1

Moved the ball around much quicker, Looked like they were playing a no more than 3 touch training session at times but also gave the ball away an awful lot as a result of this.

Let down by crap defending & poor finishing.

You can see a difference in attitude already, if not results and at least we just didn't completely stop playing with 20 minutes to go today even after a long away trip on Tuesday.

Hard to take that one, we deserved something from the game, at least a point.

Schoolboy defending for their goal and some bad finishing as cost us.

We are carrying too many players at the moment, but results aside we are playing better football and it's more enjoyable to watch.

Grealish MOTM for me, back to something like his best, the number of fouls on him is beyond a joke. The one by Lynch was horrible. Dirty tw@! 

Abraham was very poor tonight, Taylor likewise!

QPR defended like there lives depended on it and fair play to them, but moving forward I prefer the style of football Smith is trying to implement than theirs. 

I fancy us to smash a few past Bolton! UTV

• Like 3

Â