Pre-Match Thread

wilko154

Another game and another chance to get back into the promotion race.

We were poor last night, however we were playing a very good Norwich side who pressed us for 90 minutes giving us very little time on the ball. At the moment, with the Dean Smith style of play just being implemented we had no answers to their pressing and buckled under the second half pressure. I'm sure Smith will have had a few things to say after the game, and also some further idea's on players that fit into his team going forward.

For this one I would make a few changes from Tuesday. I would expect Abraham to be back, but Adomah looks set to miss the game.

Nyland

Bree        Tuanzebe           Chester          Taylor

McGinn        Hourihane

Elmo                  Grealish                  Kodjia

Abraham

Subs: Bunn, Hutton, Jedinak, Hourihane, O'Hare, Bolasie, Hogan

No expectations for this one... fear a defeat... and a point is neither here nor there at the moment. Maybe it's just the Tuesday night hangover, but it all feels a bit 'meh' after the Swansea game. All we can do it be patient and do our best to get behind the team.

1 hour ago, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

Hopefully Abraham is available .

If he isn't, Kodjia must start.

If Hogan gets announced in the starting line up we may as well give up.

17 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

How far have we fallen. Unbelievable amount of money wasted, and **** all to show for it apart from a fanbase that has no belief that we will get anything from QPR. 

It is depressing. But we have to keep the faith in this guy. 

The Bruce/Allardyce route was ultimately a dead end. Smith needs time.

* At time of writing ...

I was thinking about the last time QPR were as high as 11th in the table.  It's just our luck to get this team of perennial drain-circlers in their highest league position since October (week 13) two seasons ago.  Not including the opening few weeks of a season where positions are scatty.  No doubt they'll have dropped a spot or two after tonight's (Wednesday) games.   But still.  As QPR sides go, this is a pretty good one.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

It is depressing. But we have to keep the faith in this guy. 

The Bruce/Allardyce route was ultimately a dead end. Smith needs time.

And he will get it. You want to win every game, but we really need to bounce back Friday. 

2 hours ago, BOF said:

* At time of writing ...

I was thinking about the last time QPR were as high as 11th in the table.  It's just our luck to get this team of perennial drain-circlers in their highest league position since October (week 13) two seasons ago.  Not including the opening few weeks of a season where positions are scatty.  No doubt they'll have dropped a spot or two after tonight's (Wednesday) games.   But still.  As QPR sides go, this is a pretty good one.

We really owe them one for last year. That 3-1 loss at home after the Wolves win was miserable.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

We've managed to take the 3 points from Loftus Road both times since dropping to the Championship. 1-0 & 2-1. Kodjia with the winner the first time, Adomah with a double last season.

I don't think this back line is capable of keeping QPR down to nil or 1.

Like nearly every game in the championship we could win or lose this and I wouldn't be surprised.

Going for a 1 - 1 so Dean has the full compliment of results in his opening 3 games and we continue to be as average as possible.