• Grealish
    • Abraham
    • El Ghazi (Adomah 60)
    • Hogan (Abraham 54)
    • Kodjia (Hourihane 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/10/18 at 18:45

4 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Gone under the radar somewhat but Chester has been horrendous this season so far and I fear the captaincy is weighing him down.

Works best when next to a real leader (Terry).

I made a half-hearted remark in one of the other threads that perhaps Jedinak looks a bit ropey at CB sometimes because he is constantly covering for Chester being shit. Don't think i was too far wrong.

As for the captaincy thing, Brentford had a solution to that. Different captain every game

Edited by LakotaDakota

Unfortunately Smith lost that game by bringing on Hogan over Kodjia, the game needed a player to hold the ball up top and Hogan doesn't do that/or anything else.

In saying that the team created nothing for Hogan and some of the passing was atrocious.

Badly missed McGinn and Bjarnasson in the midfield.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

We didn't play particularly well, but didn't derserve to lose. Thought we were slightly better. 

What game were you watching? We got dominated in the second half and when they went ahead they took their foot off the gas because we offered so little. Norwich were full value for the win. 

Edited by villa89

Didn't see first half so can only comment on the second half. Grealish was fouled several times and fell over, resulting set pieces were awful. Goalie frightens me on corners and Thompson played a blinder until he ran into Hutton.

Lots of work still to do, I have faith in the coaching team and most of the players.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I just gave up when he brought Hogan on ...to make it worse kjodia was an option.  and then for 20 minutes of the 2nd half we were walking with the ball ?  - Very worried after tonight.

I think Hogan deserved a chance to prove himself worthy of consideration, but he failed big time. He looks like a fatter, less dynamic Mickey Quinn.

• Haha 2

Well that didn't last long. Commence the overreactions. Hutton is garbage. Taylor is crap. Keeper is useless. Hogan's a turd. Sell Grealish. Bring back Bruce...

El-Ghazi sucks though. For real.

UTV

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Let’s not play down how good norwich were. Didn’t give us a breather all game. 

I thought we looked comfortably the better team in the first 45. 2 forced subs early on  didn't help.

5 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

What did Hogan actually do when he came on? He doesn't do himself any favours.

Probably the same as me if I was brought on. Try as hard as I can but at the end of the day im a shit footballer.

Edited by dounavilla

Nyland's got them back in the game. Albert going off changed things for us. Too stretched by miles the later it got into the second half, 1st half we were compact and we looked loads better.

Had Abraham's shot gone in and Nyland not had a brain fart on their corner for their first then things could have been very different.

Patience needed, Smith's only had a few days. The more we rushed it and tried to chase it at 1-1 and then even more at 2-1 the more ragged we got and the worse we looked. When they were keeping the shape and keeping compact we looked better on the ball. 

• Like 1

If he didn't know before, he knows now.

Dean Smith has a lot of work to do.....to make anything of this lot.

poor, poor football in that second half.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

This game hinged on one act. Their centre back kicked Abraham in the head. He went off and we looked toothless after that. 

The team looks too unfit to play this style, DS needs time but the first half gives me hope. 

Nyland cost us the first, Chester the second, both were poor all game as were both full backs and Hourihane was usual League Two standard but I expect that now !

Positives, Tuanzebe was superb as was Whelan and we pressed well early doors but as Smith is learning, our players are used to 90 minutes of walking Bruceball. Once we start running then we run out of gas because the players are not fit enough to play that sort of game.

No disgrace losing to Norwich and a win at QPR gives us a decent 6 from 9 return but the players need to get fitter for certain !

• Like 4

I'm not really that concerned about the performance. We had a plan and some of our passing was very good.

It's just the handful of players that aren't very good are really costing us. Nyland started the collapse by coming for that corner. Abraham, our focal point, came off and we replaced him with Hogan, a player that would be pushed off the ball by a shadow.

El Ghazi was good in the little glimpses we saw of him, he needs to start over Adomah going forward. Tuanzebe was brilliant, both defensively and with the ball at his feet. 

• Like 1

Â