Henry Watch

PieFacE

Very few genuine world class players become good managers. Henry is a classic case of football coming naturally to him, yes he worked very hard, but he was already an elite level athlete with great technical ability, he worked at his finishing and positioning but was starting from a high bar at those things anyway.

Players like this struggle with players who don't have both the same ability and motivation as they did in their primes and thus just cannot get through to them as they don't know how. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Very few genuine world class players become good managers. Henry is a classic case of football coming naturally to him, yes he worked very hard, but he was already an elite level athlete with great technical ability, he worked at his finishing and positioning but was starting from a high bar at those things anyway.

Players like this struggle with players who don't have both the same ability and motivation as they did in their primes and thus just cannot get through to them as they don't know how. 

I think there is a element of truth to this. 

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Going into a club mid season is also often very hard.

I also think it was a too big of a jump to go from a assistant job to a manager job in a top league.

I like what Lampard did, a club with not that much expectation and he also got a pre season under his belt to get to know his staff and players.

This often happens to promising managers. Look at Solskjaer at Cardiff, Garde with us. Jumping into struggling teams mid season is never easy. Not gone great for DS either

Edited by villalad21

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, sne said:

Rumored to take over at Red Bull New York in MLS.

Could be lazy journalism since he played there. Might be a more suitable level to learn the job thou.

Be an improvement on Monaco since he can't get them relegated 😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Be an improvement on Monaco since he can't get them relegated 😂

The USA sports system really makes me laugh. The country with incredible hypercapitalism in every aspect of the economy down to the nth degree, real dog eat dog business system. Then their sports leagues are this bizzarely communist 'draft' system where the shittest teams get the best players and nobody can lose as there's no relegation. 

• Like 1

Â