Henry Watch

PieFacE

I think people know my thoughts on Bruce, it says something then that I was pleased when we didn’t sack him for Henry when the new owners arrived. 

There is just something about Henry that makes me doubt he will be a good manager, perhaps it’s his arrogance.

He has had a poor start but too soon to judge. It would have been a circus at B6 with the media had we appointed him though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

How much did they raise from that lot though? Must have been several hundred million. The owners must be held responsible for not keeping them competitive and reinvesting the sales income.

They had to swap their "Galacticos" approach when they changed their tax rules for them in France and at the same time their owner got took for half of what he owned in a divorce.

after that they started to buy young and develop with amazing results but where still sitting on expensive players and contracts and hemorrhaging money. Playing in front of 7.000 at home doesn't make you rich or give great sponsor deals.

Almost all of those players have been moved on and while they have bought some good players you can't really purge a whole team and expect to compete.

Granted they should do better but it's hardly surprising they are struggling.

It's a bit like the seasons Dortmund have had a few times when they've had their squads totally bought apart.

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Monaco currently 2-0 down at home to Club Brugge in first 20mins of champions league match :)

edit - sorry 3-0 after 23mins....

bullet.dodged 

The only thing funnier is Liverpool are currently 2 down too

I like these early kick offs :D 

• Like 1

Another example that laying in to people on Sky Sports with the benefit of hindsight, a bunch of stats analysers in the back room, and a fancy touchscreen doesn't mean that they're cut out for management.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The only thing funnier is Liverpool are currently 2 down too

I like these early kick offs :D 

And sky sports news has Phil thompson doing the in studio analysis!!! 

He’s hating it, which makes it better! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Another example that laying in to people on Sky Sports with the benefit of hindsight, a bunch of stats analysers in the back room, and a fancy touchscreen doesn't mean that they're cut out for management.

He was an awful pundit, one of the more uninsightful ones on sky and that's a fairly low bar. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

He was an awful pundit, one of the more uninsightful ones on sky and that's a fairly low bar. 

He was crap and never understood where this alleged great insight he had came from

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He was crap and never understood where this alleged great insight he had came from

He spoke really slow, and would accentuate the odd word, sort of like Phil Neville and Martin Keown do without actually ever saying anything interesting....but it was with a French accent..

Edited by rodders0223

Â