Match Thread: Villa v Swansea

limpid

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

Keeper is so shit, even when he made a good save he pushed it straight to a Swansea player and his kicks are terrible. Hopefully we can get a win here and build some confidence, last 5 minutes we looked very shaky.

I knew somebody would say that, but the fact is that it was pretty much a text book save. Kicking was shite mind.

Well organised, mid 3 and front 3 working as units, we are creating a lot, and are pressing well defensively. This formation will leave us a bit open when Grealish and McGinn goes forward so a lot of responsability on BB. But my god do I prefer this and that we let a goal in than the turgid sit back and defend and kick it long/in the channels!

• Like 3

Tammy took his goal well but theres been 3 occasions where he could have played Elmo in, twice over hit the pass and once straight to their defender.. we need to be more clinical and accurate.

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

Well organised, mid 3 and front 3 working as units, we are creating a lot, and are pressing well defensively. This formation will leave us a bit open when Grealish and McGinn goes forward so a lot of responsability on BB. But my god do I prefer this and that we let a goal in than the turgid sit back and defend and kick it long/in the channels!

Any and every day mate

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Very promising signs so far. Love the pressing game and was the first thing I noticed almost right off the bat after kickoff. Must improve our passing, but I'm sure this is glaringly obvious to Dean and his team. Much more entertaining to watch too. UTV!

Tbf you can't expect a perfect passing ratio with this aggressive and direct style.

Looks to me he is telling them to make more forward based passes rather than safe ones. Yeah our passing acuracy will get worse but we will also create more chances

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Add to that, we have had a defense that's leaked like a sieve. No keeper can keep a team afloat alone when the team ahead of him is organised like a gaggle.

Sshh let’s just write him off after a few games in a new country, no-one ever improves after a shaky start. Especially goalkeepers.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Tbf you can't expect a perfect passing ratio with this aggressive and direct style.

Looks to me he is telling them to make more forward based passes rather than safe ones. Yeah our passing acuracy will get worse but we will also create more chances

I think it'll improve with time and better movement. It's some of the sloppy passes I'm referring to.  

I think Nyand has been good, a great save on what should have been a goal for them, he passes it short and contributes to the build up play. He has had a couple of misskicks, but at least one was under preassure. Good stuff so far and nothing to complain about at all imo. Luckily there havent been many crosses, I think thats where he has looked most shaky before.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

But then if we can combine that with improved passing as well then we are really into a winner.

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

That was the problem under Bruce, we had to win, because when we lost there was nothing to cushion the blow. 

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think Nyand has been good, a great save on what should have been a goal for them, he passes it short and contributes to the build up play. He has had a couple of misskicks, but at least one was under preassure. Good stuff so far and nothing to complain about at all imo. Luckily there havent been many crosses, I think thats where he has looked most shaky before.

In fairness he received the balls a couple of times from our centre backs under pressure and the midfield didn't drop in to give him an out ball - so he hoofed it (Bruced it) and it went out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Abraham needs to cut out the complaining though, encourage your team mates instead!

I don't like that tosserish behaviour from him. It's simple, when you never make an error, ever, and every ball hits your teammate where and how he wants it or goes into the space he wanted it with the weight he wanted and it was the correct decision to play to that teammate, then - and only then - can you give it the prima donna.

• Like 1