• Grealish
    • Abraham
    • Elmohamady (Bolasie 63)
    • Kodjia (Adomah 73)
    • Hourihane (Freakish 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/18 at 18:45

6 hours ago, imavillan said:

Average, lol.......have you listened to his post match interview?

I Think you are doing him an injustice.

He did more than pick players in position. He got the team playing on the front foot, higher up the pitch and working the space without the ball. He also made substitutions when required.

Given the short time he has been here I thought his performance was very good. Under the circumstances I'm not sure what else he could have done.

Yeah i hear you, but i'm leaving room for the amazing stuff to come. if i start on very good when he really starts the magic i've got nowhere to go...

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Glad you both enjoyed it @WakefieldVillan. I nearly missed my train, because of the queues, it was horrendous. You an ex pat, or a native Yorkshireman ?

Cheers pal, born and raised in Wakefield, followed Villa since I was 4 (37 years ago) apparently it was the colours I went for (but too young to remember!) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Cheers pal, born and raised in Wakefield, followed Villa since I was 4 (37 years ago) apparently it was the colours I went for (but too young to remember!) 

Great stuff mate. Imagine being a Leeds fan, eh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Whereas I was born in Aston, been a Villa fan since I was four, but moved to Leeds when I was 18 and been here ever since. 

• Like 1

Nice to be able to drive to work with my head nodding to Radio Mirror Park and then stroll into the office with the renewed confidence of a strutting pigeon.

I had low, nervy expectations for this game because of our previous problems and the lack of time for Smith to really get to know the players sufficient to put up a considered fight. The game was nervy at times, but we showed some promise. Very pleased for Dean Smith - it was a very big occasion considering the passing of Doug. Hopefully, we can see the upward trend of results continue from here. Still think we need to be patient with Smith. We have more difficult games to come.  

Â