• Grealish
    • Abraham
    • Elmohamady (Bolasie 63)
    • Kodjia (Adomah 73)
    • Hourihane (Freakish 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/18 at 18:45

We were on the front foot with good intensity.

Abraham's best game so far with us, even if he could've scored more. McGinn was great.

We have to keep attacking, because our defense and keeper are still suspect. Nyland made a couple good saves though, hopefully he'll get confidence from that clean sheet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Fair play to the keeper, he turned up second half and kept the clean sheet which will hopefully boost his confidence for future games. McGinn was top quality. Good to see us press them all game and that was the major change I noticed compared to under Bruce. 

That ball recovery and turn of pace McGinn has reminds me of Milner. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Excellent start. Good football. Shite referee. 

McGinn was superb. Nyland as well. 

I do however wanna express my confusion at how a team with attacking talent like we got, can be so utterly lacking confidence and drive in the final third. Just confuses me so much. 

robert eggers patience GIF

Nowhere near clinical enough, and a very nervous second half. Amazing that there was a single goal in that game. Well deserved 3 points though. 

Another shit ref, what a surprise. Still amazed he didn't give a penalty towards the end, damn near ripped his shirt off. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Nowhere near clinical enough, and a very nervous second half. Amazing that there was a single goal in that game. Well deserved 3 points though. 

Another shit ref, what a surprise. Still amazed he didn't give a penalty towards the end, damn near ripped his shirt off. 

Yeah that just kept going on and on, and he never let go, everyone screaming, still holding, the player went down (Codger?) and got back up when the defender let go and no penalyt, mental.

Considering what's happened this season, and that we were playing a recent prem side, we got the win, should have had 3 - but we won - psychologically this is absolutely huge - a win to start the new era is massive. Look at Tammy on 85 mins whipping up the crowd and hear the reaction. We are back. 

• Like 4

The front 3 unit we had in the first became disjointed when Bolasie and Kodjia came on, but I guess it's partly because they haven't had as much time on the training ground. We looked a little bit nervous towards the end, but on the whole what a fantastically promising performance! Think I'm gonna write it 100 times in different threads but the 4-3-3 suits Grealish and McGinn o so well! And suddenly it just looked like we had a settled team, passing the ball!

Even our defence looked solid!! What was that!?!

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

As much as i have bashed Nyland in the past and even today he saved us today. Fair play

I would respectfully suggest - and not targeting you in particular, I am as guilty of this as anyone at times - that we’d be better off not bashing people in their first 10 games or so and giving them some time to see what they are made of. I’m not saying he’ll necessarily be great, but even if he does end up that way it’ll still take some time. Hopefully new manager (jand some clean sheets) should mean fans have patience with him and the team.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I would respectfully suggest - and not targeting you in particular, I am as guilty of this as anyone at times - that we’d be better off not bashing people in their first 10 games or so and giving them some time to see what they are made of. I’m not saying he’ll necessarily be great, but even if he does end up that way it’ll still take some time. Hopefully new manager (jand some clean sheets) should mean fans have patience with him and the team.

He need to learn how to command an area at set pieces. He is way too passive, never leave his line.

He is an exellent shot stopper but he need to improve other parts of his game.

Keeper was man of the match .... players needs to be fitter .... football was better to watch .... our misses were happening in an unheard of area "the six yard box", which augers well for our future under Dean Smith.

Early days with lots to do, but I'm full of confidence that we are at the beginning of a really exciting era. It's onwards and upwards with NSWE, Deano and Co. UTV!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I would respectfully suggest - and not targeting you in particular, I am as guilty of this as anyone at times - that we’d be better off not bashing people in their first 10 games

Don't be daft, we write people off before they've even signed, tis our human right!

Â