• Grealish
    • Abraham
    • Elmohamady (Bolasie 63)
    • Kodjia (Adomah 73)
    • Hourihane (Freakish 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/18 at 18:45

Good result, some good individual performances, a slightly sketchy team performance. 

A few glimpses of what is ahead and a few glimpses of old, bad habits. 

There hasn't been enough time to really change that much, but the team selection and the new manager bounce worked. 

Grealish will need some time in this type of formation and high pressure game, he has a lot of responsibility. Once he relaxes he will be our best player and if we don't go up £40m will still be the price.

Nyland will benefit from today's game , if we can hold it together Tuesday then he should start to grow as a player that can fill the keeper position.

Great win today and a sign of what we can be as a club on and off the pitch, fans were fantastic. 

On a final note, RIP Doug, one of our own .UTV ?

That 3 points was massive today, will improve the confidence of the team no end.

McGinn was impressive today, he was everywhere. Can see what the Hibs fans talk about when they go on about holding players off with his ass!

Really like Tammy's attitude too!

• Like 4

Thought we composed ourself well, to start with, and didn’t go out and let the occasion  cloud our minds. Could have been 2/3 up by half time, and had chances to kill it second half. Swansea were how they have been everytime I’ve watched them this season, and will finish midtable. We won which is all you can ask, but I thought we were very sloppy and our final ball was shocking. Abraham was brilliant, as was McGinn. Nyland made his routine mistake that he does every game, but he ended up having a good game in the end. Dean Smith has a bit of work to do to get us challenging, but it will take time. Great result, and a decent performance. We will get better, I have no doubt. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, zeebra said:

Dean Smith Post-match reaction. 

It really is refreshing to hear actual tactical analysis in the post match. And I agreed with everything he said. Yay!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Excellent start. Good football. Shite referee. 

McGinn was superb. Nyland as well. 

I do however wanna express my confusion at how a team with attacking talent like we got, can be so utterly lacking confidence and drive in the final third. Just confuses me so much. 

maybe because we have been so frightened to attack (for McGrath only knows how long) under the last manager/structure etc etc yada yada 

I thought the defence were excellent today. Taylor surprised me, hopefully Smith will give him a new lease of life.

There were glimpses of what we could do, and there were definitely less aimless balls. Smith had it spot on in post match, we had some chances to create and final ball just let us down. All in all I’m encouraged. 

I also think it's well worth pointing out how collosal our support is. It made me chuckle when Swansea fans sang about our support being flipping shoddy. When was the last time they had a 40k plus attendance at home in the second tier?

Good first half, should have been 2 up but then tired and hung on a bit at the end. That was Nyland best performance for us. Mcginn was excellent again and that was the best I have seen Adomah all season. It was nice to have  a balanced side with players playing in the correct position. Still a lot of work to do with 2 tough away games in 4 days- thanks Sky.

9 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I also think it's well worth pointing out how collosal our support is. It made me chuckle when Swansea fans sang about our support being flipping shoddy. When was the last time they had a 40k plus attendance at home in the second tier?

The answer is never. There best ever attendance for all time is about 33,000. Which we get when we play Wigan.

Â