• Grealish
    • Abraham
    • Elmohamady (Bolasie 63)
    • Kodjia (Adomah 73)
    • Hourihane (Freakish 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/18 at 18:45

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He need to learn how to command an area at set pieces. He is way too passive, never leave his line.

He is an exellent shot stopper but he need to improve other parts of his game.

Again I’m not a huge champion of Nyland or saying he’s going to be fantastic but those are EXACTLY the things that take time in a new team as you learn to communicate with the defence.

(Or maybe he won’t ever step up and will just be a shotstopper - also very possible!)

1 minute ago, jamdog said:

7 points off automatic promotion now which is very doable. This league is there for the taking. Good shoots of recovery today. Onwards and upwards.

The title is still very doable...! Play offs should be the target though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Perfect game really. We grabbed the points but the performance was still full of the disease that Bruce & Co have inflicted on us over two seasons so Smith & Co can see it at first hand.

Players lack fitness and they lack any real shape or style going forward so a lot to work on but that is no bad thing. Plenty of talent (once he removes refuse like Taylor, Adomah and Bjarnasson) to work with and I'm confident he'll start to move us forward now.

Good performance. Missed a lot of chances, but did not cost us in the end. Noticeable influence of the new regime; we kept the ball on the ground; on the front foot and in their faces most of the game; looked more organised; defence looked a bit more capable.

Excellent start.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Much better all round.

We still need more work and more confidence but you could see the promise.

Girls Aloud?

It will take more time but I'm in no doubt as I've stated before DS will promote Villa this season with some of the best football Villa fans will have seen in many a year.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Also like to mention Taylor who I thought looked the player we signed. Much better.

Agree. Taylor was much better. Hutton too tbf. A little more organisation upped most players performances a decent amount.

Let's face it, we should probably have won about 3-1 with the chances we had.

• Like 2

Solid but unspectacular. After 7 days, I'll certainly take that! Swansea are going to be there (or thereabouts!) and we could have a few more today with some better decision making, clinical finishing and more favourable decisions from the ref.

Positives; Nyland was outstanding today, shot stopping wise at least. There also seemed to be more of a plan on how to play. The back four adapted well to the unusual request of playing in their own positions too...

Negatives; Sorry but Grealish is our weak link at the moment. He needs dropping. He's weak in midfield, his passing is poor, his shooting terrible and he slows play down in the hope of winning a freekick. Can you imagine some Spurs scouts were watching today's game; do you spend £40m on Grealish or McGinn?! He's offering nothing and I want a manager who has the balls to drop him. Bolasie's cameo was pretty horrendous too!

Good start, keep it going...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Solid but unspectacular. After 7 days, I'll certainly take that! Swansea are going to be there (or thereabouts!) and we could have a few more today with some better decision making, clinical finishing and more favourable decisions from the ref.

Positives; Nyland was outstanding today, shot stopping wise at least. There also seemed to be more of a plan on how to play. The back four adapted well to the unusual request of playing in their own positions too...

Negatives; Sorry but Grealish is our weak link at the moment. He needs dropping. He's weak in midfield, his passing is poor, his shooting terrible and he slows play down in the hope of winning a freekick. Can you imagine some Spurs scouts were watching today's game; do you spend £40m on Grealish or McGinn?! He's offering nothing and I want a manager who has the balls to drop him. Bolasie's cameo was pretty horrendous too!

Good start, keep it going...

Good post and spot on about Grealish! Very poor again...still falling over for no apparent reason.  Very slow and woeful finishing!  Where are the 'he'll be better as a no10' supporters?  Some were even suggesting that he was only falling over because he,'s played out of position ....yes, somebody actually said that!

3 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Good post and spot on about Grealish! Very poor again...still falling over for no apparent reason.  Very slow and woeful finishing!  Where are the 'he'll be better as a no10' supporters?  Some were even suggesting that he was only falling over because he,'s played out of position ....yes, somebody actually said that!

Maybe, deep down, he actually wanted to move to Spurs. That may be effecting his performances this season... Or maybe he just isn't as good as some people (including myself) think he is. If Smith doesn't think he's up to it then he will drop him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Maybe, deep down, he actually wanted to move to Spurs. That may be effecting his performances this season... Or maybe he just isn't as good as some people (including myself) think he is. If Smith doesn't think he's up to it then he will drop him

Agreed....he is a very good player 'on his day' and I'm hoping DS can get the best out of him! But, FFS Jack just stop throwing yourself to the floor it's embarrassing.  

• Like 2

Â