Pre-match thread

BOF

Smith: Axel and Chester are our centerbacks. Statement. Something SB should have said from day dot. Chopping and changing every week leaving no one quite sure whats going on, leaking goals. Clean sheet in first game. Hopefully we can continue tonight and get a positive performance. Buzzing if we can get the win. UTV

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 1

Not gonna lie, this line-up under Bruce and I would have been a bit apprehensive to say the least.

No defenders and no kids on the bench.

But there is more to management than just picking an 11.

Expect to see more of a team with clear roles and instructions. Pressing and some idea behind the actions made, or "tactics" as the hipsters call it.

It will be a bumpy ride for a while so results may vary.

I think the plan for injuries at the back must be if Taylor gets a knock, Jedi comes on in the middle Hutton goes left and Axel goes right.

If Hutton gets a knock Jedi comes on in the middle and Axel goes right.

If one of the centre backs gets a knock then Jedi comes on.

Elmo can go right back too I spose in the case of 2 knocks at the back!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Not gonna lie, this line-up under Bruce and I would have been a bit apprehensive to say the least.

Expect to see more of a team with clear roles and instructions. Pressing and some idea behind the actions made, or "tactics" as the hipsters call it.

Point tonight is ok for me, especially if we show some progress keeping the ball and managing the game a bit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bomvilla7 said:

I'm also now terrified of what will happen up front if Tammy gets injured. ? 

If it happens we'll probably start either the £15m or £12m striker that we have on the bench. Not too many championship teams can do that. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, eholm said:

I know he’s a Villa lad but, my God, listening to Hendrie waffle on is painful compared to the insight of Liam Rosenior. Chalk and cheese. 

So Hendrie has managed to extract himself from up Bruce's arse then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sne said:

He's working with what he has. It was less acceptable when Bruce chose a similar line up because it was self-inflicted. It's more frustrating to see the manager that sold/loaned out our entire back four struggling to pick players. Smith inherited this mess so I get less annoyed/apprehensive if that makes sense. 

• Like 2