Pre-match thread

BOF

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Maybe alternating the position with a view to Friday’s game?

Probably. Didnät expect it to be him, though. Birkir and McGinn back on Friday? Feels good to have decent options. :) 

• Like 1

I'm concerned that we'll fall apart last half hour and concede a couple. I just hope that, if we do go for it from the off, we can score 2 or 3 and kill any spirit they may have. 

Like others have said, Norwich are doing well this season and I just hope that we don't come away with a confidence-shattering defeat. 

Come on the Villa - make them pay for what they did you us last season!

1 minute ago, eholm said:

I guess Thor’s 2 international games plus 90 mins vs Swans makes it sensible to rotate.....? 

Smith rotated lots at Brentford, winning sides at that. Friday night is a quick turnaround too. He places a big emphasis on the squad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Oddly, I looked at that team and thought "whos at left back?"

No idea why.

You’re right. That is odd. 

Hey, how’s that little novel you’ve been working on? Got a compelling protagonist? Got an obstacle for him to overcome? A little heartbreak, you know, work it into the story? Some twists and turns? A little epilogue? 

Ohhh i look forward to reading it. 

I just your pic and name this immediately came to my head... had to watch it on YouTube. So funny. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Smith rotated lots at Brentford, winning sides at that. Friday night is a quick turnaround too. He places a big emphasis on the squad.

Yes will make a change from Bruce rinsing them every 3 days then when we lose say "in hindsight I should have changed it."

EVERY **** TIME

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

You don’t need a box. Now TV has an app so you should be OK - subject to paying the monthly subscription for it (can’t remember if they have a free trial or not though...).

PPV £7.99.

Interesting that DS has told Hinchcliffe that he may not have the players to play exactly as he did at Brentford so will need to adapt accordingly. 

Confirms what most of us thought, as in, it will take Smith potentially 2 transfer windows to get HIS style in place. With the players we have, I’m not surprised. Looking forward to the exciting journey ahead. 

Edited by eholm