Pre-match thread

BOF

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well if his work rate doesn't improve he won't get a look in from smith thats for sure.

I am hoping its just fitness at present as opposed to him being lazy

Hope so - whenever he lost the ball, on Saturday, he never once tried to win it back. Could have scored, though!

Think this game will be more telling than the Swansea one.

Will he freshen up the side given it's only 3 days since the last one and we play again on Friday? Does he feel confident enough in the squad to do that?

I can't imagine it'll be anyone else other than Hourihane replacing McGinn, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hogan involved, or even Bree.  Both have got running in them and I think DS will be looking for a couple of fresh legs.  Other than that I just can't see any other player in the rest of the squad who has the kind of energy levels DS is going to demand?  I mean you could justify bringing someone like Jedi in if we were playing a more physical team, but Norwich are anything but. 

Has anyone else impressed him enough on the training ground this week to move up the roster?  Wonder if El-Ghazi will make the bench?

Starting line up will be interesting, the back 4 unfortunately picks itself unless you are of the Bruce school of all right backs are alright. The rest though, especially with McGinn's suspension will be interesting to see. Grealish central you'd think would be a given, but he's got lots of options everywhere if he sticks with the 4-2-3-1. 

I'd agree Hourihane for McGinn, and on Norwich not being a team of maulers, hopefully they've had time to do some more work on the ball not just off the ball like last time. I'd take a point to be honest right now, if we can keep the ball we should be able to manage the game better and I'd back us to score there, so hopefully we score first and then don't let them have the ball back.

I think I would go;

Nyland

Hutton   Tuanzebe    Chester   Taylor

Thor  

Hourihane

Elmo         Grealish                        Adomah

Tammy

so like a 4-1-4-1 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about this game.  I can see us getting turned over, although this is based on nothing but the fact every time I become optimistic about our chances we get smashed.

So if it is a heavy defeat then I will shoulder the blame.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

5-1 Abraham to find his scoring boots to add to everything else. Massive run of fixtures against good teams means we are going to shoot right up into the top 2 for Christmas.
Let the good times roll baby.

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bcf49532e47386e36

Mystic Rodders, you better be on the money. Although the new found optimism can take us a long way this season. We have more quality than most in this division, if Smith unites the squad we can quite easily start climbing the table!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think I would go;

Nyland

Thor  

Hourihane

Tammy

so like a 4-1-4-1 

That looks like a 4-1-1-3-1 on my screen! :P

Bit nervous about this one. Norwich are in very good form. Will be happy with a point and signs of more progress. 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I think I would go;

Nyland

Thor  

Hourihane

Tammy

so like a 4-1-4-1 

So you’d go same as Swansea with Hourihane for Mcginn? That seems way to sensible.

Norwich's stats make interesting reading. This will be their seventh home game this season and so far they have both won three and lost three.

They rarely score in the the first half, but finish like a train and score regularly in the last twenty odd minutes. This would point to good fitness levels.

Smith will know all this and more. At least we shouldn't be surprised by Norwich tonight, which might not have been the case under another manager.

Tiredness in the last third of the match could be our biggest problem, so three energetic substitutions may be key.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kingman said:

No but you can on SS1 or Now tv

Thanks mate. I don't subscribe to sky. Can i watch nkw tv on my laptop or do you need a now tv box? 

12 minutes ago, av1 said:

Can uk viewers pay to watch this on avtv?

No, only midweek games that aren’t picked up by SKY.