Pre-match thread

BOF

18 minutes ago, imavillan said:

stay up....as you have said, its a new Villa

that said, after watching Saturdays game i cant see us keeping another clean sheet. I Can see us scoring a few though.

Of course, that's the plan.

No matter how we play, watching Villa run around is like ice cream for the eyes.

When we play well, it is like strawberry twist with a chocolate ripple, but mostly this season it has been cat turd with broken glass sprinkles.

But hey, its still ice cream.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

For me:

Nyland

Hutton   Tuanzebe   Chester   Taylor

Bjarnasson   Hourihane

Elmo                 Grealish         Adomah

Abraham

Bunn, Jedinak, Bree, Lansbury, Bolasie, Kodjia, Hogan

Had come on here to post the same team.  Elmo and Adomah offer more defensively than say El G, Baller and Kodj, so don’t expect any of those 3 to start.  The only other choice would be Hourihane or Whelan?  I’d go Hourihane.  Would take a point, but a win would be fantastic.  Think 1-1 here. 

In 1975 after a last game of the season 4-1 win at Carrow Road our then and now late chairman said that we would bring our first team next time (we did 4 months later and lost 5-3).

We have won 5 times at Norwich in the league since then and have drawn 7. We have been defeated on our last three visits to Norfolk, having lost half of our 24 league visits there since that 1975 promotion season for both clubs so they have had the better of these fixtures. In all they have 16 home wins and have had 6 home defeats in their league games against us.

Their ground is clearly almost as tough a nut to crack for us as Villa Park is for them (where they have recorded only 3 league wins). Both clubs were managed by Villa legend Ron Saunders and we met at Wembley in the 1975 League Cup Final. We can go above them in the league table with a win tonight and we owe them one after last season's costly defeat. A draw would be an acceptable outcome but a win would be better. Make it so you Villa boys!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is a tough game probably our toughest so far. But what a way to make a statement by winning this.

The vital thing was winning against Swansea; Gives us a bit of freedom here as it's a hard pace to visit!

Shows how much of a problem those easy dropped points were earlier in the season.

Edited by Nigel

20 hours ago, wilko154 said:

For me:

Nyland

Hutton   Tuanzebe   Chester   Taylor

Bjarnasson   Hourihane

Elmo                 Grealish         Adomah

Abraham

Bunn, Jedinak, Bree, Lansbury, Bolasie, Kodjia, Hogan

Wouldnt it have been easier to just say "Hourihane in for the suspended McGinn"? ? 

• Haha 1

what a difference a couple of weeks makes...

prior to the international break i was looking forward to this one like a trip to the dentist for an extraction without any anaesthetic !!!!

now with Dean Smith here and a win last Saturday i say bring it on....

even if we end up losing i cant see it as being as dire as it has been. It will inevitably be a step forward in Smith implementing his ideas and ways into the team.