Pre-match thread

BOF

22 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Norwich's stats make interesting reading. This will be their seventh home game this season and so far they have both won three and lost three.

They rarely score in the the first half, but finish like a train and score regularly in the last twenty odd minutes. This would point to good fitness levels.

Smith will know all this and more. At least we shouldn't be surprised by Norwich tonight, which might not have been the case under another manager.

Tiredness in the last third of the match could be our biggest problem, so three energetic substitutions may be key.

We turn to shit in the second half but tend to always have a sneaky goal in us. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Justmy phone mate

You don’t need a box. Now TV has an app so you should be OK - subject to paying the monthly subscription for it (can’t remember if they have a free trial or not though...).

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Norwich have lost 3 of their last 6 matches at home winning the other 3. So there’s hope. 

Only problem is we’ve only won 1 of our last 6 away games although only lost 2 of them.

Draw is on the cards. 

They've also won 7 of the 10 (All comps)

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bit nervous about this one. Norwich are in very good form. Will be happy with a point and signs of more progress. 

So you’d go same as Swansea with Hourihane for Mcginn? That seems way to sensible.

Yes, I think that could work. I might get Thor to sit a little deeper though to add a bit of cover for the back four.

Only a small thing really, but I note that it’s Bunn as the reserve keeper again. That moreira deal really does seem like a strange one. A total of three loanees in that squad, so exceeding the maximum of five isn’t the reason.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I actually think he moves the ball well, so will thrive under Smith. Not long term obviously, but there will be games when he is very important. 

Yeah, I don’t mind Whelan really. 

I’m not too confident we’ll win, but I’m hoping to see continued progress in terms of organisation, pressing and that maybe we’ve worked a little bit on ball retention since Swansea. We need results, but that’ll come with good performances.

• Like 2