Pre-match thread

BOF

As it won't be long in coming around, may as well start it now.

We've a bone to pick with this lot after a 3-1 defeat there towards the end of last season which put a terminal spanner in our automatic promotion works.

Officials are

SIMON HOOPER with Scott Ledger and Adrian Holmes
Fourth Official: Tom Nield

Similar to Andrew Madley on Saturday, we've also yet to lose when Hooper is in charge.  6 games, 4 wins & 2 draws.  This'll be his first game in charge of us this season.

• Like 1

Always proves to be a tricky fixture for us. 

Norwich have been a bit indifferent at home so far this season. Six home games so far, winning three (Preston, Wigan & Boro) and losing three (Stoke, Leeds & Baggies).

I reckon this will be the first draw at Carrow Road this season. A point here followed by a win against QPR on Friday would be a really good start to the new regime.

Stubborn buggers Norwich are, especially when we play them at Carrow Road. They are doing well themselves. A draw wouldn’t be a bad result, but I can’t help but think I’d be disappointed with anything other than a win. Saying that if we play really well and come away with a point, then it would make me feel better about the draw. Just hope we don’t go there and show nothing, and just stay on our shell. 2.1 Villa 

In good form, tricky game. But this is a new Villa, one with a purpose and gameplan- Smith wouldnt have it any other way. A win here and good performance would give everyone a massive confidence boost. Hourihane in for McGinn likely only change, he may possibly shuffle the wingers deck- Bolasie may get his start.

Going to keep the positive vibes-

1-2 Villa 

I am really excited about this, since its on the telly.

Two things could happen. I stay up, watch the game, and somehow I feel it is a bit of an anti climax to my enthusiasm. We lose and play miserably, and I end up regretting giving up a decent sleep just so I could wallow in disappointment for a day or two. That has happened before.

Or, I stay up all keen to watch the new Villa play, only to fall asleep before kick off, wake up well after the game is over to check the results, and find out that I missed the game of the season, with Villa winning 4 nil, or something crazy like that. That has happened before too, with the Wolves game last season.

Edited by AJ

If I was offered a point now, I would probably take it, but hopefully we can start like we did yesterday, on the front-foot and with a positive attitude, we may be able to sneak all three points.

McGinn suspended is a big blow, I think Hourihane will come in and I would be tempted to freshen up a bit more with 3 games in 6 days. I'd go;

Nyland

Hutton        Chester    Tuanzebe      Taylor

Grealish    Whelan   Hourihane

Elmo                 Abraham             Kodija 

Norwich are seven places above us and yet if we win this we will go above them. It won’t be an easy pheat though; they’ve got some good young talent in Aarons, Lewis and Thompson. However, I think we’ll come away 2-0 winners - Abraham with a brace! 

I didn't see Saturday's game, but was happy to see the formation remain pretty much the same in a 433/451 depending on how you look at it.

I never thought that was the issue with Bruce. It was mainly personell and approach related more than the formation.

I'm hoping we see that continue for this game.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if Bolasie doesn't even make it on the coach on Tuesday, he was Dog S*** on Saturday. Kodja wasn't far behind.

When Bolasie came on, I said to the guy next to me to expect some fireworks. How wrong was I. Not sure his ego and work rate are going to fit in to this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USA_Villa said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Bolasie doesn't even make it on the coach on Tuesday, he was Dog S*** on Saturday. Kodja wasn't far behind.

When Bolasie came on, I said to the guy next to me to expect some fireworks. How wrong was I. Not sure his ego and work rate are going to fit in to this team.

Well if his work rate doesn't improve he won't get a look in from smith thats for sure.

I am hoping its just fitness at present as opposed to him being lazy

17 hours ago, AJ said:

I am really excited about this, since its on the telly.

Two things could happen. I stay up, watch the game, and somehow I feel it is a bit of an anti climax to my enthusiasm. We lose and play miserably, and I end up regretting giving up a decent sleep just so I could wallow in disappointment for a day or two. That has happened before.

Or, I stay up all keen to watch the new Villa play, only to fall asleep before kick off, wake up well after the game is over to check the results, and find out that I missed the game of the season, with Villa winning 4 nil, or something crazy like that. That has happened before too, with the Wolves game last season.

stay up....as you have said, its a new Villa

that said, after watching Saturdays game i cant see us keeping another clean sheet. I Can see us scoring a few though.

For me:

Nyland

Hutton   Tuanzebe   Chester   Taylor

Bjarnasson   Hourihane

Elmo                 Grealish         Adomah

Abraham

Bunn, Jedinak, Bree, Lansbury, Bolasie, Kodjia, Hogan

• Like 2