Richard O’Kelly

alreadyexists

22 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Welcome addition in my mind, will help bring and instill the methodology that Smith has planned.

But can he do it without the "system" and "Structure" at Brentford?

If you go off some peoples opinions, everybodies footballing knowledge, ethos and ability evaporates once they have left it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 4

Just hope this isn't another false dawn.  I've read comments on this site previously when we employed Culverhouse and Clemence etc, that they were the brains behind previous managers and what a coup it was getting them.  Didn't quite work out that way for us though. 

I simply know nothing about the guy, but very much hope he's a success here, along with Smith and Terry.  Welcome Richard. 

18 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Just hope this isn't another false dawn.  I've read comments on this site previously when we employed Culverhouse and Clemence etc, that they were the brains behind previous managers and what a coup it was getting them.  Didn't quite work out that way for us though. 

I simply know nothing about the guy, but very much hope he's a success here, along with Smith and Terry.  Welcome Richard. 

That’s the understatement of the year! I had forgotten about those two guys but didn't Culverhouse get sacked for bullying in the end?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

That’s the understatement of the year! I had forgotten about those two guys but didn't Culverhouse get sacked for bullying in the end?

Without checking, i’m sure you’re right mate.  When you also think of Keane, Clarke, Wilkins etc, we’ve not had much luck with assistant coaches.  

Edited by ferguson1

9 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Without checking, i’m sure you are right mate.  When you also think of Keane, Clarke, Wilkins etc, we’ve not had much luck with assistant coaches.  

I think it sums up our managers too... all shit for far too long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Seems like a good appointment if confirmed. Sounds like Smith would be mad to move anywhere without him.

Wonder how JT fits in?

O'Kelly will be first team coach I reckon, JT was named Assistant to Smith wasn't he?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Apparently Richard O’Kelly has joined the coaching team from Brentford with Dean Smith. I thought he deserves his own thread. Not confirmed on the OS yet so still speculation for now.

Officially confirmed now. ( Don't trust Sky sauces anymore ) ! Matthew Benham just tweeted to wish Dean and Richard all the best in the future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But can he do it without the "system" and "Structure" at Brentford?

If you go off some peoples opinions, everybodies footballing knowledge, ethos and ability evaporates once they have left it.

He was Dean's number 2 at Walsall for a good few years aswell. I can assure you with the penny pinching way Jeff Bonser (Walsall owner) runs things there was certainly no "system" or "structure" at that club!

Â