January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I've seen him live when i have been scouting at Brentford twice this season and on TV in other games .and also seen him enough over last few years to know he is a very good keeper. All keepers go through bad patches.

Sometimes a move is best thing that can happen to a player that has gone stale at a club. He is a very good keeper. He is nothing like Nyland either.

Brentford fans was all saying last 2 seasons that he is brilliant and will play for England at some point as well.

While I agree about bad patches I think if a keeper hits a bad patch it is extremely difficult to get out of. Karius is one example, Joe Hart is another he is only slightly back to OK now and even then I am not sure if thats because he is being peppered with shots in front of a poor defence.

Scott Carson took a long time to recover as well, not sure he ever even got back to Premier League 

It is alarming the goals we are conceding and more frustrating in the manner in how some are conceded.

Despite this (until January) if we can keep winning then it's all that matters for the next 3 or 4 games atleast.

Wether it's winning 6-5, 4-2, 3-2 etc. It's the points that count the most right now.

We are just one vocal, experienced, assuring Goalkeeper & CB away from a solid spine to go into the remainder of the season with.

Get it right and it will be a case of try stopping us now.

(Noted, A few more positions are also required for squad depth)

Bree will be back soon. I would say Rb is fine. CB as a priority. We're one injury away from a nightmare. Then GK. Then left back I'd say.

A dynamic high energy midfielder would be ace but I think if resources don't allow we have enough. Thor will come back and do well under Smith I reckon. Be nice to get somebody like Foden in on loan for 6 months but we have so many loans as it is.

There is talk coming out of a possible Benteke return, to not only help both clubs profit from his future sales but tò see if he can fire in goals for us again.

Christian played well for us banging in a ton of goals in three seasons. I think it could be what we need to partner Tammy if we don't get Odoi that is.

I bet Dean Smith could get Benteke firing again and Christian knows himself he had a brilliant spell with our club.

What do you all think of a Christian Benteke return??

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

There is talk coming out of a possible Benteke return, to not only help both clubs profit from his future sales but tò see if he can fire in goals for us again.

Christian played well for us banging in a ton of goals in three seasons. I think it could be what we need to partner Tammy if we don't get Odoi that is.

I bet Dean Smith could get Benteke firing again and Christian knows himself he had a brilliant spell with our club.

Wages probably too high, but more than that he probably wouldn't suit our style of play?

16 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

There is no way we are signing benteke if we hav e abraham

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

My initial reaction is no.

However, it really would depend on the deal. If it was an initial loan, with an option to buy in the summer (depending on promotion, whether he fits into the team etc), then I can see some merit in it. If we got him firing and we’re promoted, having a high on confidence forward would serve us well next season.

Up front is not the priority position we should be looking at. In fact, it’s probably not even in the top three or four positions we should be looking at - keeper, defender, left back, defensive midfielder are all more pressing.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/aston-villa-weighing-up-transfer-swoop-for-24-year-old-and-26-year-old/

Sky Bet Championship side Aston Villa are keeping an eye on Australian duo Josh Risdon and Brandon O’Neill, according to reports from The Sydney Morning Herald.

Risdon, a defender currently plying his trade at Western Sydney Wanderers, has represented the Australian national team on more than one occasion, and the 26-year old recently spoken of his desire to move overseas to challenge himself elsewhere.

He told the Australian news outlet: “I feel like I’ve paid my dues in the A-League, I’ve been here nearly 10 years and it’s something I’ve always wanted to do – if the opportunity comes along I’d jump to get over there and take the next step.”

O’Neill, a midfielder currently playing for Sydney FC, is also attracting interest from another unnamed Championship club as well as Villa, but are believed to be under a transfer embargo, opening a door for Dean Smith’s Villa.

The 24-year old has made 86 appearances for Sydney, as well as making 2 appearances for the Australian under-23 side.

Villa have, of course, a fellow Australian in their ranks – Mile Jedinak will be no stranger to the pair having played with Risdon for Australia, and is bound to have a vast knowledge on the A-League.

Dean Smith’s men currently sit 8th in the Championship, just four points off the playoff places.

The Verdict

This is a very interesting developments – Smith has clearly seen something in the duo or has been advised that they are very talented players.

Risdon sounds like exactly what Villa need – a young, hungry centre-half who can help shore up a shaky Villa defence, whereas the dury is still out on O’Neill for me. Do Villa really need another midfielder?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Where is this talk coming from?

I can't see him wanting to drop a division to come back to us in any case. Players are seldom as good as they were first time round and I doubt we will be finding out if this applies to Benteke with us later this season.

I think we had the best of him and he soon found out that the grass was not greener elsewhere after all. He found that getting what you want is sometimes not what you need.       

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, John said:

Where is this talk coming from?

I can't see him wanting to drop a division to come back to us in any case. Players are seldom as good as they were first time round and I doubt we will be finding out if this applies to Benteke with us later this season.

I think we had the best of him and he soon found out that the grass was not greener elsewhere after all. He found that getting what you want is sometimes not what you need.       

Seen the talk on a HITC article where some fan is getting little bit eager!

Ain't happening people. He is absolutely garbage these days!!

1 hour ago, John said:

Players are seldom as good as they were first time round and I doubt we will be finding out if this applies to Benteke with us later this season.

Normally with you there John, but Benteke in this league 

do it yes GIF by CBeebies HQ

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

The bad start is not the problem with Nyland.

The problem with Nyland is that he lack in a basic attribute like handling crosses and set pieces. If you don't master the basics you don't deserve to play at this level.

And I doubt he will feature much at this level after January. Gone by July.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Normally with you there John, but Benteke in this league 

do it yes GIF by CBeebies HQ

At his best, I would agree 110% but I don't think he would be up to coming back to us and I think Dean has other more pressing priorities given we are scoring goals for fun at the moment. ;)

• Like 1