January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

So with our new Sporting Director, Manager and Assistant Manager in place, who do we think we'll be looking at in January?

Wonder if Terry might be able to lure Gary Cahill back to Villa? We sorely need a solid CB to partner Chester.

I really hope we move away from paying top dollars for Championship players, long expensive  contracts to elderly PL players and covering huge contracts for on loan players.

I'm hoping to see Tuanzebe play CB alongside Chester and actually fulfill at least some of the potential that a Manchester United prospect should.

I'm hoping the organisational qualities implemented by Smith that pressure, force turnovers and errors when our opponents are trying to play their game will help eradicate the inevitability of our defense being penetrated which we saw under Bruce. I personally think we are good for full backs as we are, for this season.

GK is the only position in which I am not confident that Terry and Smith will be able to coach to a standard that will be required for a 50%+ win  rate from here on out.

• Like 1

What kind of players has Smith tended to sign?  Obviously he will have a very different budget here, but has he tended to buy British or will he have a working knowledge of European bargains?  That's assuming transfers have been or will be under his remit.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

What kind of players has Smith tended to sign?  Obviously he will have a very different budget here, but has he tended to buy British or will he have a working knowledge of European bargains?  That's assuming transfers have been or will be under his remit.

Was he actually that involved in that part at Brentford?

From what I've read they had others handling that part.

1 hour ago, sne said:

So with our new Sporting Director, Manager and Assistant Manager in place, who do we think we'll be looking at in January?

Wonder if Terry might be able to lure Gary Cahill back to Villa? We sorely need a solid CB to partner Chester.

Get him back and then I can get him on the back of my shirt again, happy days

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Chris Mepham and Ollie Watkins please. ?

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Oh, and Rico Henry.

Mepham and Watkins deffo  Oh and Daniel Bentley (keeper) and Neal Maupay.

I rate RIco Henry but been injured far too much last two seasons so wouldn’t take risk at moment in my view.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blunther said:

We all know we need LB CB GK. I’m sure the manager already does, and if not he will soon. I suppose we’ll find out just how much of a financial pickle we are or are not in 

He does

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

I rate RIco Henry but been injured far too much last two seasons so wouldn’t take risk at moment in my view.

You couldn’t afford them,FFP 

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

You couldn’t afford them,FFP