January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

14 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Yep!! fact is none of them at Brentford are worth £25mil. 

I wouldn't be so harsh, most fans are guilty of over hyping and overvaluing their better players, just like many people did on here with Grealish in the summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, av1 said:

it would seem bizarre to sell him in January after only just singing an extension

Not so sure on that. “ here, have a pay rise, if we look like going up, then it’s Prem with Villa, if we don’t then go to Spurs or Chelsea in Jan and we pocket a decent fee to help the club” but otherwise I agree 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Not so sure on that. “ here, have a pay rise, if we look like going up, then it’s Prem with Villa, if we don’t then go to Spurs or Chelsea in Jan and we pocket a decent fee to help the club” but otherwise I agree 

This is the kind of thing I imagined was discussed at the start of the season and I think it’s pretty likely this is the case.

• Like 1

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/14/report-spurs-west-ham-and-aston-villa-scouting-striker-alex-mars/

Report: Spurs, West Ham and Aston Villa scouting striker Alex Marshall

Marshall currently plays for Cavalier in Jamaica's top flight, and boasts a decent record with eight league goals coming in 33 appearances since the start of last season. He also has a handful of caps for his national team.

Transfermarkt has him down as a LW rather than striker which would explain his rather mediocre scoring record (for a striker)

Hard to tell anything from the video as it's Sunday league footy played in a field 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

How are we scouting anybody, when we've sacked all our scouts? 

We still have one or two first team scouts at the club (Neil Sillett who is the son of ex Coventry Boss John Sillett is one) and i know we have around 30 Academy Scouts at the club still most are volunteers

Edited by Villan4Life

41 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

We still have one or two first team scouts at the club (Neil Sillett who is the son of ex Coventry Boss John Sillett is one) and i know we have around 30 Academy Scouts at the club still most are volunteers

No way we have a Sillett in the house? Cool, loved that Cov FA cup win....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We need a few more right backs and wingers imo.

I also notice we've still got a centre back. Surely he needs to be sold asap? 

• Haha 3

I went to Crewe vs Bury yesterday

Crewe have some excellent Academy Graduates (As they always do) playing for them: Perry Ng (22 year old Central Defender) Callum Ainley (20 year old Midfielder) Harry Pickering (19 year old Left Back) and Charlie Kirk (20 year old Left Forward who scored) all have good potential. 

Another of their former Graduates their Captain: George Ray (6ft4" plays alongside Ng as Central Defender and 25 years old) was excellent as well

Edited by Villan4Life

19 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I went to Crewe vs Bury yesterday

Crewe have some excellent Academy Graduates (As they always do) playing for them: Perry Ng (22 year old Central Defender) Callum Ainley (20 year old Midfielder) Harry Pickering (19 year old Left Back) and Charlie Kirk (20 year old Left Forward who scored) all have good potential. 

Another of their former Graduates their Captain: George Ray (6ft4" plays alongside Ng as Central Defender and 25 years old) was excellent as well

Ng? A centre Hf, then?