January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Yeah was aware of him coming through at Southend but not sure I ever put him forward as a serious target. You're right though, they were a few posters on here mentioning him as a serious target.

Would make a lot of sense to go for him in January given how naff our present keepers are anyway. Guess Brentford will stick 5-10m price tag on him though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

If only we picked Bentley up on a Bosman (£800k) Compo a few summers back @VillaChris from Southend. I remember was myself, you and another forum member banging on about him all January when could have got him on pre-agreement and then all summer only for us to sign Gollini in the end.

What a complete and utter **** up that was lol!!

You should write again V4L - Never know with this new setup

maybe  you know some of them already?

• Like 3

I had hoped we would sign Bentley and Henry before they joined Brentford so Deano might want to go back for them in January. A centre half is also needed perhaps we will go back in for McKenna?

• Like 1

in january transfer; we hope see left back and centre half as priorty and goalkeeper is must find replacement - cancelled goalkeeper loan to return once we has buy new goalkeeper and Nyland as second choice goalkeeper.

centre half - we should try lurk G.Cahill return to Aston Villa to partner with Chester, and recall Elphick to back to back up it is better than nothing.. 

Left Back it is diffcult to find at moment .. if we sort it two or last season ago will solve problem as some very good player were avaliable...might worth to try find any loan.. 

Left foot winger is might need option to think as our winger don't have left foot winger.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

in january transfer; we hope see left back and centre half as priorty and goalkeeper is must find replacement - cancelled goalkeeper loan to return once we has buy new goalkeeper and Nyland as second choice goalkeeper.

centre half - we should try lurk G.Cahill return to Aston Villa to partner with Chester, and recall Elphick to back to back up it is better than nothing.. 

Left Back it is diffcult to find at moment .. if we sort it two or last season ago will solve problem as some very good player were avaliable...might worth to try find any loan.. 

Left foot winger is might need option to think as our winger don't have left foot winger.

Excellent post 100% agree with you Danny. Exactly what should be done mate.

• Thanks 1

I hope we recall Mitch Clark and let him have a go at LB at least as a rotation option and try and get rid of Taylor.

From what I gather he's predominately a RB?, But I'm sure I've read he's done well at LB

Also recall RDL, Elphick, Steer and Green if they are up to speed.

And as always try and get rid of any fringe player or players on high wages who are not regular starters.

Whelan, Jedi, McCormack, Taylor, Bunn, Hogan, Adomah, Lansbury, (Elmo, Moreira) ... Not all at once of course.

That's a lot of money going out compared to what they contribute.

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45834453

Usain Bolt scores twice on first start for Australia's Central Coast Mariners

Usain Bolt has scored his first goals for a professional football team, getting two on his maiden start for Central Coast Mariners in a friendly.

The Jamaican eight-time Olympic sprint champion scored the Mariners' third and fourth goals in a 4-0 win over Macarthur South West and celebrated with his trademark lightning bolt pose.

Bolt joined the A-League club in August for an "indefinite training period".

Afterwards Bolt, 32, said "dreams become reality through hard work".

"My first start and scoring two goals, it's a good feeling," he added.

"I'm happy I could come here and show the world I'm improving. I'm keen to be a Mariner, to play my best and get into the team."

For his opening goal Bolt ran on to a chipped ball played by Scotland striker Ross McCormack, held off the defender and finished powerfully low past the goalkeeper.

He capitalised on a defensive mix-up for his second, with a Macarthur defender and goalkeeper colliding to leave Bolt able to tap in from close range.

McCormack, on loan from Aston Villa, headed in the Mariners' first goal in the eighth minute.

"The best thing about Usain Bolt is he's so humble," McCormack said.

"He's fitted in well with the lads. From my first day even to where he is now, the transformation is huge."

The 100m and 200m world record holder has previously trained with Borussia Dortmund, South African club Sundowns and Norway's Stromsgodset.

He retired from athletics in 2017 and has since said it would be a "dream" to play professional football.

The Australian A-League season begins on 19 October and the Mariners are yet to confirm whether Bolt will be offered a contract.

Sign them up!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

I hope we recall Mitch Clark and let him have a go at LB at least as a rotation option and try and get rid of Taylor.

From what I gather he's predominately a RB?, But I'm sure I've read he's done well at LB

Also recall RDL, Elphick, Steer and Green if they are up to speed.

And as always try and get rid of any fringe player or players on high wages who are not regular starters.

Whelan, Jedi, McCormack, Taylor, Bunn, Hogan, Adomah, Lansbury, (Elmo, Moreira) ... Not all at once of course.

That's a lot of money going out compared to what they contribute.

Mitchell Clark is predominantly a centre back, that’s where he’s best but he’s also great at right back and left back. He’s one of those players that could play in any position and do a good job, he’s that job, I’m surprised we didn’t give him a longer contract, he’s out of contract in the Summer :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Would like us to take a look or send scouts to look at 20 year old Ferdy Druijf of Jong AZ. Watched him a bit and has massive potential. Soon bigger clubs will be sniffing around him.

9 in 10 games this season and top scorer in eerstie divisie 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Obviously the focus should be some defenders and a goalkeeper. Outside of that I'd imagine Smith will want to look at a central midfielder. Everywhere else is fine, we don't need to look at strikers or wingers, we have enough of them.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Probably bollocks, but... 

Ruben Loftus-Cheek set for loan move to Aston Villa

October 12, 2018

According to reports, Ruben Loftus-Cheek wants to go on loan in January to Aston Villa.

New manager assistant of Aston Villa John Terry will try to use his connections with his former club and reportedly will try to bring 22 year-old midfielder at Villa, as the team will try to fight for the promotion to the Premier League.

Many expected, that 2018/19 was set to be a breakthrough season for Loftus-Cheek at Stamford Bridge, but he only have played 373 minutes this season in all the competitions and is unhappy with his playing time.

Apparently both sides would be happy with the move, so expect this transfer in January.

Link

• Like 3

On 11/10/2018 at 21:10, Villan4Life said:

You seem to know an awful lot about our financial situation for a Brentford fan... 

May i ask who's your source? And where did you hear this info from? :)

I know you will not be in a position regarding FFP in January to purchase 

Mepham 25 million already turned down bids by Palace and Bournmouth 14 mill

Oli Watkins 25 million but we won’t sell if we are still in a promotion position 

Maupay top goal scorer in championship on long contract as the are the others 

Bently possibly as he’s now sub keeper 

Henry hasn’t played for 12 months

Loftus Cheek is a luxury player who never appears willing to bust a gut to succeed. He's undoubtedly talented but when he was at Palace on loan he played in match after match without ever imposing himself on games.

I would question his attitude and I think Smith may well do the same. Any player we sign must be prepared give everything, every game if we're to climb out of this division .... No passengers!

16 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I know you will not be in a position regarding FFP in January to purchase 

Mepham 25 million already turned down bids by Palace and Bournmouth 14 mill

Oli Watkins 25 million but we won’t sell if we are still in a promotion position 

Maupay top goal scorer in championship on long contract as the are the others 

Bently possibly as he’s now sub keeper 

Henry hasn’t played for 12 months

Let’s be honest here you won’t get £25mil a pop for Mepham or Watkins. If you think that you are seriously then you are deluded my friend.

You sold Woods for £6mil and those three crap houses now at Birmingham for under £8mil. Colin, Jota and Dean. Jota you got 6mil for.

I  know you are being unrealistic re fees. Neither Watkins or Mepham will go for over £15mil so why you coming up with these silly price tags.