January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think the Goalie will come good eventually. Remember De gea when he first landed at United ? Couldn't catch a beach ball, arguably now the best goal keeper in the Premier. I think he'll adapt sooner than people expect. 

Arguably? For me, he’s the best in the worlds hands down

Catching a ball is a usual thing for a goalkeeper to do regardless of the league you play in. However, comparing a young goalkeeper in De Gea to a seasoned 28 year old isn't right imo. De Gea cost a fortune for United to buy, whereas we were shopping in Poundland. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think the Goalie will come good eventually. Remember De gea when he first landed at United ? Couldn't catch a beach ball, arguably now the best goal keeper in the Premier. I think he'll adapt sooner than people expect. 

When De Gea signed for United he was considered one of the best young keepers in the world and now he has matured he is still younger than Nyland. Just don't get what learning there is in the case of De Gea, De Gea was always going to be a great keeper whilst Nyland is shithouse who has been at a low level all his career and is showing us precisely why that's the case.

Just now, villarocker said:

Catching a ball is a usual thing for a goalkeeper to do regardless of the league you play in. However, comparing a young goalkeeper in De Gea to a seasoned 28 year old isn't right imo. De Gea cost a fortune for United to buy, whereas we were shopping in Poundland. 

Agreed, it's getting tiresome now. A world class keeper came good once, so Nyland will.

Also, a 21 year old who had never left his home town club is totally different to a 28 year old  international.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Would love us to sign someone like Jorginho, maybe a cheeky bid.

Then again, if we did, would the VP crowd still scream "ger i' forward!!!" after the 10th consecutive pass.

More likely to sign Julio Geordio :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Agreed, it's getting tiresome now. A world class keeper came good once, so Nyland will.

Also, a 21 year old who had never left his home town club is totally different to a 28 year old  international.

A 21 yo with 60 odd games to his name with a top 8 la liga club before he came to England in comparison to a guy whos biggest club till now, ply their trade in Germany's 2nd division is totally different alright.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Arguably? For me, he’s the best in the worlds hands down

I think he’s the best with his hands up, if his hands are down then the ball will just go straight past him.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not a bad shout but I think Taylor is playing well at the minute

Gives the ball away too often for me and got knocked off the ball twice on Friday with half hearted attempts at a header. 

He's improved but not enough for me. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Lots I would be happy to see go, plenty will be next to impossible to shift though.

Same as every window then. It's the Villa way. 

I'd be happy with a keeper, a full back and a sub CB. It's still a lot to ask. 

Edited by villa89

16 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I'd like us to try and temp Moritz Leitner away from Norwich. Could be the box to box midfielder that Smith likes in his system,

Doubt we could afford him. Amazingly they paid around £1.5m for him. Ideally we'd be signing these sorts of players for those sorts of fees, rather than paying up to £10m for them once they have shown they are good at this level.

17 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

When De Gea signed for United he was considered one of the best young keepers in the world and now he has matured he is still younger than Nyland. Just don't get what learning there is in the case of De Gea, De Gea was always going to be a great keeper whilst Nyland is shithouse who has been at a low level all his career and is showing us precisely why that's the case.

Johnstone also struggled when first arriving at the Villa and he wasn’t rated as one of the top young keepers in the world.

Nyland just needs more time to settle but if he doesn’t settle by the January window then I’m sure DS will do something about it.

Just now, striker said:

Johnstone also struggled when first arriving at the Villa and he wasn’t rated as one of the top young keepers in the world.

Nyland just needs more time to settle but if he doesn’t settle by the January window then I’m sure DS will do something about it.

Have you actually seen how bad he is? Johnstone was never this bad.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Doubt we could afford him. Amazingly they paid around £1.5m for him. Ideally we'd be signing these sorts of players for those sorts of fees, rather than paying up to £10m for them once they have shown they are good at this level.

McGinn looks a good signing for 2m-3m.

• Like 2